Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008

We always spend Christmas Eve with my Dad's side of the family- basically my Grandparents, Aunt and Uncle and Cousin.  Nathan is the only little kid, so he's pretty much the center of attention.  He got some nice gifts- puzzles, books, movies and a toy camera and phone from my brother and his wife.  That was the thing that entertained us for the night.  My Mom gave me and my brothers a gift on Christmas Eve this year.  She made us all matching pajama pants (which I'm sad I don't have a picture of us all in) and gave us a book that she's been writing- my Grandpa's life story.  It was really nice and she gave us all piggy banks that say "Orlando Vacation Fund" for our family Christmas vacation next year.  It was a fun night of eating food and opening great gifts!
Reading a new book about "Trucks" with Papa
Taking pictures of everyone and everything- "Say CHEESE"!!
Christmas morning Nathan got to play with his toy from Santa- a tool bench.  He was in love with it until he opened these presents!  
His Uncle Jesse and Grandma and Papa found him these skid steers- just like my Dad's real one.  He's pretty obsessed with tractors, as we all know by now.  The big one makes noise, lights up and goes forward and backward.  He also got a sleeping bag, some carharts, more movies and books, and a baseball glove.
Chris and I were spoiled too.  Chris got a Wii, and here he is teaching Nathan to play video games at an early age.  It's a lot of fun that I think we'll all enjoy doing.  Plus, it can be a workout!  We all got some UNLV Rebel gear, I got a new bed set that I love and a beautiful diamond necklace that Chris surprised me with!  It was a great Christmas- not just cause of all the great gifts, but because I got to spend it with my awesome family who I love so much!  I can't imagine not being home for Christmas- I've never missed one at home in my entire life.  But, I'm afraid it won't always be like that.  But Nathan had a lot of fun too, my brothers adore him and are so fun with him.  He won't be the only child next year- but he'll still be the oldest and he gets more into it every year.  I feel so excited just seeing the excitement in his eyes.

7 comments:

Savanna said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas and everyone got some fun things. Nathan is SO cute about tractors. What a perfect gift for him. I am really hoping to see you soon. I wanna see that cute belly of yours. :)

Jackie said...

Looks like he got all the right boy toys for Christmas. Way to go Santa! You can never have enough trucks and tractors. And how's the Wii working out for you??

Emily said...

I love his tractor pjs and how he's totally surrounded by tractors. Too funny. I'm glad you guys had such a good Christmas...sounds like everyone totally scored. A Wii and diamonds?! Every boy and girl's dream, right?

Perry Family said...

what a wonderful christmas you all had!! Maddox got that same tool set! :) and you will love going to orlando next year (Or i guess, this year!) I'm still in vacation mode and feel like lounging around, reading a book and being waited on! we will have to have some wii tourneys!

Bringhursts said...

Looks like a lot of fun. You're gonna love that Wii. When is Nathan going to wear his Carharts? He really needs some new Wranglers and boots!

Oh,and I forgot to tell you, Ethan got cowboy boots for Christmas! Now he can be cool like Nathan!

Wow, that is a lot of exclamation points!

Christi said...

Diamonds, a Wii, tool bench, Santa rocked at your house!!! Cute pictures. I am glad that you had a good Christmas. I feel like it has been ages since I have seen you!!!!!

Sarah said...

Good job Chris! Did he pick it out all on his own? Nathan looks like he had a great time. we lov eour Wii too.