Sunday, April 25, 2010

Jackson turned ONE!!



Jackson's first birthday just happened to fall on the busiest week ever! Poor kid, I feel so bad that I didn't get to do anything the way I would have wanted to. We were in the middle of moving and everything was just crazy! I know he didn't know the difference, but someday when he looks back at Nathan's pictures from his birthday and compares them to his, I hope he doesn't hate me!
We went to BJ's for dinner on his birthday and they gave him a "Pazookie" with one candle in it. He loved it and we all shared it with him. Chris' sister was here with us and my Mom was in town helping us out too. So, at least we had some family here to celebrate sweet little Jackson's birthday!

Jackson got this sweet wagon from his Great Aunt Judy and Grandma and Papa Swanemyr. He's so happy going for rides in it. It's big enough for Nathan too, so they both get to enjoy it.
We finally opened one more present after we moved into our new house and Nathan helped. It's a Little People barn.

Two weeks after his birthday we finally cut the ice cream cake I bought for his birthday. It was really yummy and we shared it with Necia and Adrienne's kids. He tried to sink his fingers into the cake but it was frozen solid and really cold, so I fed him his cake with a spoon. He enjoyed it very much.
Here's the crew we partied with that night: Rome, Tyce, Nathan and Jacob. Fun boys!

Here's a few things about Jackson that I wanted to share:
*He weighs 20 pounds, barely. That's the 20th percentile for boys his age!
*He's 29 inches long, 25th percentile. We're slowly getting closer to average!
*His head is pretty good sized-60th percentile for that category.
*He has 4 teeth, two on top and two on bottom.
*One more is about to poke through on the top.
*He's not walking yet, but stands alone occasionally and cruises along the
furniture and pushes things across the room pretty fast. He's a fast crawler
and bolts at the chance to climb the stairs if the gate is down.
*He's the pickiest eater I've ever dealt with! He's got texture issues and is
difficult to figure out what to feed. He takes a bottle of milk 3 times a day
still and drinks well from a sippy cup.
*He is a loud talker/screamer! He seems much bigger by his set of pipes.
*He's very attached to me and Chris. I'm glad he goes to Chris too,
but it makes it hard to leave him with anyone else.
*He loves his big brother and wants to be doing everything Nathan does
*He's a snuggler when he's sleepy (I love that!)
*Takes 2 naps a day and sleeps through the night in his own room.

We love Jackson and we're so happy he's part of our family.




7 comments:

Emily said...

I love Jackson too, he's such a sweet boy! Can't believe he is one already, thats just nuts.

Cute pictures!!!

Cindy Swanemyr said...

I'm sure glad Jackson finally got to eat his ice cream cake!! Sorry I didn't get to taste it. He won't hate you--it looks like you had quite the party. Maybe we can have another one when you come to Colorado. I'm so happy to see Nathan being such a good brother too.

Rebecca and Nick said...

Wow, these kids grow so fast. I am glad you are getting settled into your new place! Ice cream cake is the best. Jackson is a lucky little dude. And so cute!

Alifinale said...

I can't believe he is one! Wow, time flies. He is so cute. And really, who could ask for anything more than a delicious pizookie on your birthday.

Marchezt said...

Wow! One already?! Crazy. He is so cute!

I need to go to that BJs. I've never been!

We need to hang out this summer. Let me know when you're free? Loved to see you!

Savanna said...

He is such a cute Birthday boy. I don't think he'll hate you, he'll think he was lucky to have so many parties and fun things that went on, and you'll always be able to remember when you moved. :) We loved playing with you guys. You were a wonderful host, especially for having just moved like 4 days before. We would LOVE to have you come play at our house sometime. I hate that we live so far away from one another.

Matt and Shannon said...

Man, what a fast year! I remember coming over to see him after he was born and it seems like it was just yesterday. Don't worry about the b-day - I think a pazookie is the best birthday cake ever!