After a day at Sea World we decided to take it easy at the beach. We went to La Jolla one morning and this was probably Nathan's first time to the beach. He loved it! He went right to digging in the sand and even liked getting splashed by the waves. Chris would take him out and I could hear him squealing with excitement when the water would hit him. It was pretty fun- except for the stupid birds! They were trying to get into my bag and take all our food!!
Ashlyn, Cody, Nathan and Brayden
The last two days we spent with Chris' brother Brent and his family. We did the beach with them and the kids had fun getting buried.
Good times in the sand.
I should also mention that Chris got to go golfing with Brent and also did some body boarding. The waves were pretty good at this beach we went to near San Clemente. I enjoyed laying on the beach working on my tan and watching Nathan enjoy it too.
Now we are home and I'm trying to wash all the sand out of our clothes. I'm so tired. We didn't get too much sleep for four nights and slept like a rock in my bed last night. Nathan thought he had to wake up at sunrise every morning on vacation- I guess he didn't want to miss a single bit of daylight. I just don't get how he goes and goes and doesn't seem to get tired. I could barely keep my eyes open yesterday on the way home, and he didn't sleep one bit!! The kid has an Energizer battery in him or something. I'm ready to get back on a normal schedule and not sleep in the same room with him for a long time!!




21 comments:
Trips are fun but come with a price on sleep!! Those pics are great at the beach...he is loving it! And how wonderful for Chris to hang out with Brent on the golf course!!
San Clemente is my favorite beach ever. Please tell me you ate at the Fisherman's on the wharf. They have the best buffalo wings and clam chowder in the world.
Looks like you guys had an awesome time. We seriously need to play now that you're back and I'm back and everyone's back.
Looks like you guys had a BLAST!
Glad you survived the traffic. Try and get some rest.
BUNKO is tomorrow night BABY!!!WooHOO... Party at my place...
I'm so glad you got to have a VACA!!!! And Chris must have enjoyed himself too! Seaworld looked like a ton of fun! how you feeling anyway?
Sounds like a very fun vacation! We love a good bed too. We're sleeping on the floor on a mattress waiting for our new bed to arrive. happy anniversary to us! It's long overdue. Everyone needs a good vacation and a great bed to go home to. Nathan is just so cute---I love his energy!! That's a great sign of good health.
What a fun get away. I love the pictures. Nathan looks like he had a blast. I am so glad you were able to get away from the Las Vegas heat for a little bit.
I'm so glad you guys got to go on vacation! I knew he would love the beach, I'm sure he was in heaven. I'm glad you got to lay out and relax an that Chris got to golf.
California is so nice, we need to go back more often!
How fun! I'm glad you guys finally got your vacation. I miss the beach. Nathan is so big and cute. Hope all is well...miss you guys.
I'm totally jealous! The beach would be a blast. I'm feeling completely cheated on my summer. It's been way too short and all the out door pools closed last week. I love Nathans hat and swimming suit. He was styling at the beach;)
Damn seagulls. I hate those birds. It's hard taking trips with a 2-year-old, but nice to get out and do something different - no matter how tireing. Was it better than Venice Beach?? When Nathan and Milo are older we'll all try Disneyland!!
What a fun trip-I am sure you are exhausted. Glad you are back!
How much fun you guys are having! Looks like a blast!
Thanks for the visit. We had a great time with you...as always. I never got a pic with the 4 kids I would love a copy of yours.
Great pics, makes me miss the beach so much! Glad you got a vacation. Now what are you up to?
Hugs
I am so jealous! I am so glad that Nathan liked it and you guys had a great time.
How cute Kara! It looks like you guys had fun in the sun. Miss you!
He is getting so big. Two questions: 1) When are you going to come visit with Willow? 2) When are you going to have another? Don't you love that question? Thanks for all your comments on my blog, I do ready yours, but comment when I can.
Oh my goodness! Phil and I took a vacation to San Diego this summer and went to the beach and SeaWord, too! We love that place. We loved seeing pictures of Shamoo. It made me want to put my hands together in the shape of a whale's tail, raise them above my head, and while lowering them up and down shout out "Dun...dundundundun...Shamoo, Shamoo". Dreams do come true!
He's adorable! So cute! This is our blog now, just got some slides up now. How are you doing?
Yes, I am coming to vegas this weekend. Tell me, can locals get a good deal if we want to go see Cirque De Soleil? I heard locals can get tickets for $75? Is this true? What's your #?
What a fun way to end the summer! Not that summer ever ends in Las Vegas! But it looks like Nathan is ready for winter with his coat and all! I look forward to winter but then I only want it to last one month and I'm ready for warm weather again!
Post a Comment