Wednesday, September 24, 2008

catching up

I guess I've missed sharing some important things that have happened in our lives in the last couple weeks.  I'm only a month late, but I wanted to talk a little about Chris, my husband, who I don't give any credit to on this little blog.  His birthday was a month ago, the big 29!  We celebrated by going to Mt. Charleston for a picnic.  It was nice.  
We got him a set of Horseshoes.  It's a favorite Mathews' family game and we enjoyed playing up in the mountains.  Happy Birthday Chris!  We love you!  
More news about Chris- after three years of internship at his work, he is finally as official licensed Certified General Appraiser.  He will still be working at the same office, doing the same thing, but he's gets a little more $ for his work now.  He works so hard and I'm so proud of his accomplishments and grateful for all he does for us.  I took this picture the day he got his license.  A pretty rare thing in Las Vegas- rain and a rainbow.  Must have been a lucky day!

Here's a couple random shots of Nathan.  Can you tell we're ready for summer to be over??  He loves wearing his hat and mittens.  I tried the coat on him and he said he wanted to play in the snow.  I don't think he even knows what snow is, but we can dream I guess.  Maybe we'll get to play in some pretty white stuff for Christmas in CO or something.  
This one night Nathan was so tired, he actually fell asleep in the middle of a PB&J sandwich and I snapped this picture.  I thought it was too funny.  I woke him up to clean him up a couple min later and he was ready to go again.  Not tired at all- he claimed!

20 comments:

The Prigmore Family said...

we're coming. Leaving tomorrow night. Call us on friday morning...well, maybe noon. Heheh. See you soon!

Shanalyn Wilde said...

Happy Birthday and congrats to Chris. That's awesome that he's "official" now! Cute pix of Nathan. You guys can come play in our pretty white stuff...I'm sure we'll have TONS sooner than I'd like!

Cindy Swanemyr said...

What a precious picture. Aren't they the most perfect people when they sleep? Congrats to Chris!!! Lots of long, hard work to get there. Good luck to him on his remaining goals. We love you guys and so glad you got to get up in the mountains for a few hours. Looks like Chris enjoyed his birthday. Love ya!!!

Sarah said...

How cute of nathan! I love when kids fall asleep in silly places. I hope Chris had a great birthday! Have fun in CO!

Emily said...

Congratulations to Chris, that is so awesome. He does work really hard, and he deserves it! That was so much fun playing horseshoes up there, now Steve wants a set!

We should go play in the snow up there sometimes, that would be so much fun for the boys!

I love the sleeping picture, he was WORN OUT!

Christi said...

Congrats and Happy Birthday Chris! That picture of Nathan is awesome!

Bringhursts said...

Congratulations to you both! Love the pic of Nathan. Now we just need some more of him in his sweet Wranglers.

James and Katrina said...

Hi, Nathan--from Josh. He loves looking at pictures of you, especially the Sea World pictures. It's great to see pictures of Uncle Chris, too. Happy Late Birthday! I'm always afraid I'll call someone in our family and it will be their birthday. We should put together a birthday calender for the Mathews.

James and Katrina said...

Oh, Josh says to come play in the snow with him in Wyoming! The horseshoes are a great gift idea. (now I know what to give James for Christmas). Where will you be for the holidays this year?

katy said...

Yea, an update! Chris's b.day sounded fun and Nathan is so cute! He's going to be disappointed there all winter without snow! Have fun in Colorado next weekend and I will see you shortly thereafter! :)

Perry Family said...

Oh, so exciting for Chris!! That is wonderful to be fully licensed now!! Horray!! And cute little Nathan, he's a riot!! I love those funny pics of him! So glad things are going so well for you guys!!

C Crane said...

Love that last picture! He is such a cutie!

Savanna said...

YAY for Chris! That is exciting. I love that rainbow. Man, Nathan is just cuter and cuter every day. I miss that little boy. :)

Jenn said...

It looks so nice and pretty up at Mt. Charleston. We still haven't been up there. Also, LOVE the picture of Nathan falling asleep. As for the Secret Garden prices, kids 3 & under are free and adults (with Nevada drivers license) cost $12.

Holly said...

Way to go Chris! Make lots of $$$ and then we can all travel more to see each other! :) Cute cute pic of sleeping Nathan too- we love those bibs, were them everyday.

Jackie said...

Ah, give Nathan a break - eating can be tiring...never for me, but could happen. Congrats to Chris - did he think the rainbow was a sign of good times to come??

Heidi Wilcox said...

I love when they fall asleep randomly! Lately Ellie is always saying "I not sleepy" and then falls asleep under the slide during nursery, on her stool by the sink, using her booster as a pillow on the floor. I should get pic they are so much better than just saying it.

elisha said...

Happy Birthday to Chris. I am so excited about all your great acomplishments together. Thanks for keeping in touch so well. Hope all is great.

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

Ha ha that pic of Nathan asleep in his high chair makes me laugh!! I miss you guys! Congrats to Chris on his apprasal thing... I didn't even know that he got it yet. Love you

Dani said...

Happy BDay Chris! Congrats on getting your license.