Monday, November 17, 2008

Time for new but old news

I waited too long to post about Halloween, but Nathan was the cutest monkey and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share a few pictures from our Halloween festivities.  
The night before Halloween we went to our ward's "Trunk-or-Treat" which was actually in the church this year.  We went door-to-door and through some decorated classrooms to trick or treat.  Nathan was pretty good at it.  He needed a little coaching, but he would say "trick or treat" in his soft little voice and say "gank you" for the candy.  It was pretty fun. 
By the end of the night, he wouldn't take his costume off (in the beginning I was wondering if he'd even keep in on for 5 minutes).
The costume had a cute curly tail and a banana in the pocket!
Nathan and his buddy Easton, the elephant.
We got quite a good bag of candy that night.  Then we stayed home on Halloween night to pass out candy to the kids in our neighborhood.  Nathan wanted to dress up again and we sat on our porch for a couple hours and only had a few trick-or-treaters.  We passed out all we could and we still have so much candy left over.  He asks for "treats" every day now.  
Nathan also really enjoyed all the pumpkins and parties and still talks about Halloween.  
Now we are already talking about Christmas around here.  Even though it's still 80 degrees, there's Christmas lights up, Christmas trees and music everywhere and even some fake snow at Town Square.  He's even got pretty close to Santa already and I'm thinking maybe this year he won't freak out so bad when it's time to sit on Santa's lap.  If he could handle all the scary Halloween costumes and not get scared, Santa shouldn't be that hard to handle right?  

15 comments:

Emily said...

That's true...if they can handle scary halloween costumes why would they care about santa? Probably because we force them to sit on his lap.

He was such a cute little monkey and I'm so glad he kept his costume on and truly got into the trick or treating spirit.

Jackie said...

Santa can get a little too close for comfort. The beard can be kind of freaky. My neighbors have their lights up and wasn't Christmas just like three months ago?? I'm glad Nathan got the hang of the costume thing and loved to wear it. What a cute monkey! I think we should enjoy the times now when we can dress them up in what we like. BTW, are you rationing the leftover Halloween candy??

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

He probably is the cutest little monkey EVER! I'm glad you posted about it...I have been hesitant to post about Halloween because I thought i was too late, but hey maybe I will now :) ha ha Tell Nathan that Kimmie and Cade say hi. I wonder if he still says our names so cute like at our wedding

The Prigmore Family said...

What cute lil monk!! I love the banana in the back pocket. Will you please dress him up like an elf when you take him to get a pic with santa? I bet he'd be adorable!!

James and Katrina said...

What a cutie pie!

Sweet Family said...

Hi is too cute! Willow also got the "trick or treat" down when she knew that they gave her candy for it. I can't believe it is christmas season already! Aaahhh! But we get to spend it in our first house this year, so that will be fun.

Savanna said...

FINALLY! Kylie and I have been anxiously awaiting the great little Monkey costume. He looks SO cute. I love that little costume. Looks like you had a fun Halloween. Miss you.

Heidi Wilcox said...

You finally updated! Yay! Little Nathan is the cutest monkey ever! I love the banana in his pocket. This year has been so fun with the holidays and the age of our little ones. I think they will totally like Christmas too.

Perry Family said...

Nathan is the cutest monkey i've ever seen!!! That was the perfect choice kara!! I think this year he will love santa!! It was so good to see you last week! Hope chris is feeling better! Have a good thanksgiving!

katy said...

Cute, cute, cute!! I'm glad you finally got these up! :) It was so fun staying with you last weekend! Thanks again for letting me come and everything. I'm moving in like 2 weeks (!!) so I doubt I'll see you again before that. :( Let me know what you need help with on iChat, though. I probably won't know, but I can always call my bro-in-law. :)

Jessett said...

He was the cutest little monkey. Thanks for waiting for us to come and get candy. Kylie loved going to your house on Halloween.

Christi said...

He was soooo cute. I love kids in costumes.

Cindy Swanemyr said...

Cutest little monkey I've ever seen. Just want to give that boy a big hug and kiss!! Miss you all so much. So glad he takes after his grandmother and loves "treats". We'll have plenty when he comes for Christmas.

Holly said...

Ooo Ooo Ooo! Love the pictures, who cares when they're put up- thanks for sharing. I'll call ya tomorrow.

Nate and Brooke Adams Family said...

I love your little boy in his costume. He is so cute! Thanksgiving was alot of fun. I was so happy to see everyone. I am going to blog about our trip and I did take alot of pictures for you. Hope you have a good trip to see everyone.