Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

I decided since all my Las Vegas friends were blogging about the snow, I better show what we've been doing with snow since we got to Colorado. After a long delay in the Phoenix airport on Tues (7 hours) we made it to Durango, CO to my parents house. We got here to about 10-12 inches of snow. It was awesome- just what we were hoping for- a White Christmas!


We woke up the next morning and got all our snow gear on. It was quite the process, but it worked. We stayed warm and dry for a couple hours of playing in the snow.

We found Nathan's sand toys and decided they would work in the snow too. We helped my dad shovel the deck. Nathan was a good helper, scooping snow off the deck, throwing snow balls and eating snow.

He fell down a couple times and needed help getting up.

Nathan found his favorite thing- tractors. Here he is, trying to drive Papa's skid steer.

14 comments:

Perry Family said...

I thought I would really hate the snow, but its been so magical...and watching the kids play in it...they are kept so busy and happy that it's not all that bad!! I did not like the shoveling part this morning! You guys got dumped on!! Hope you have a great holiday up there!!

Alifinale said...

Falling down in snow gear is the funniest thing ever. Good thing he isn't in the middle of potty training because what a pain that would be. Looks like fun times in all the white. Brrrr....makes me cold just looking at it.

Sad you had the longest day ever at the airport. And sad that you left just when I was getting ready to bring over some Christmas goodies.

Christi said...

I am glad that you got there ok! I heard about your delay. Looks like it was all worth it. Have a good Christmas.

Jackie said...

I was actually wondering if you were still sitting in Phoenix. Glad they let you out. Nathan looks like he was built for snow and hard labor shoveling. Put that kid to work!

Emily said...

Those pictures are awesome...you guys have some serious snow there. It snowed all night in Eugene, so now Easton is wanting to go outside and play in it. I have no snow clothes!!

We made it here just 3 hours late and Easton slept great, so I am happy! Miss you!

Heidi Wilcox said...

Looks like Nathan is loving the snow! Hope you get your fill of it. I would love to have a Christmas without it!

Kyle and Eva said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I bet Nathan is loving it. Have fun up there and we will have to catch up when you get back home.

Sarah said...

Love the snow! You could have driven there faster! lol. Nathan looks like a marshmallow man in his snow gear! lol. Chris called Preston tonight to see if we had any extra tickets to the game tomorrow night but we're going to be in Panaca. Can you believe they actually talked on the phone!

elisha said...

Looks like fun. I miss the snow!

MattJulieGavin said...

that looks fun! we missed the vegas snow too...but we had UT snow. although gavin doesn't seem to enjoy it like nathan does. have fun & stay warm! i heard it's freezing there!!!

Holly said...

Looks like fun! Besides the bundling process, the cold, the kids getting a cold... yeah I am not a winter fan. :) Merry Christmas

Savanna said...

What a LONG delay! That wouldn't be fun. I am glad you made it. It looks like Nathan is having a blast, as always. Merry CHristmas! Love ya!

Jessett said...

Looks like you guys are having fun. I can not believe how much it snowed here.

Miss you guys! Have a great Christmas....

Cindy Swanemyr said...

Hey there! Guess what? It's snowing AGAIN. Non stop for the last 2 days--more shoveling, but it's pretty. We miss you guys and especially because this snow is perfect for snowmen and balls. I even hit your Dad with a few today. You got some great pictures of Nathan enjoying it all.