
Sitting on Santa's lap at our ward party
The Cactus Gardens at Ethel M Chocolate Factory
Decorating our awesome tree!
Cutting down our tree in Panaca
Nathan at the "Gift of Lights"
(sorry I can't figure out how to get my pictures in the right order!!)
I can't believe it's already almost the middle of December! We actually started looking at Christmas lights around here before Thanksgiving, but I thought it was too premature to talk about Christmas until after we celebrated Thanksgiving. While we were in Panaca for Thanksgiving we decided to go cut down our own Christmas tree. Chris found a really nice one right away. We both said it's the best tree we've ever had (but Chris said that his dad says that every year about their tree)! We got it home and had a good time decorating it. As soon as we got the Christmas stuff out, Nathan was on fire with excitement. He's been bouncing off the walls these past couple weeks. He can't stand to not touch the tree and play with the ornaments. O-well, none of them are that fancy (oh, except the two glass ones that my neighbors made). Anyways, we have been enjoying the lights and festive things to do around here this time of year. A friend gave us free tickets to the "Gift of Lights". I have never been through it before, but it was really cool. They gave us hot chocolate and egg nog and Nathan got to wear the reindeer antlers and eat a candy cane- who could ask for more?
Then we went to the Cactus Gardens to look at more lights. Nathan sat on every rock he could and posed saying "take a picture, Mom". Then he would cheese it and practically close his eyes every time he smiled.
We also had our ward party and Santa came. Now, last year Nathan was absolutely terrified of Santa, we couldn't even take him near him. I've been talking him up this year and we've already seen him in a few places, so we took him to sit on Santa's lap. He did so well and talked to him and told him he wanted "that big present" (there were big boxes wrapped all around Santa). It was pretty fun.




13 comments:
He looks so grown up in those pictures! Holy cow!!!!!
I think it is so cool that you cut down your own Christmas tree. We just have a nice fake one, but maybe one year we will have to chop down our own. The tree looks great!
I love your christmas tree! It's fun that he's so excited...just wait until next year when he REALLY gets it.
Your Christmas tree looks great! It doesn't look like a bush! Nathan looks like he is having a ball.
So Cute! I love the "take picture Mom" He is getting SO big. I hope that we get see eachother in the near future.
I can't believe it's the middle of December, either! I'm glad Nathan wasn't afraid of Santa this year. :) He looks so big in the pictures! It all looks like a lot of fun. (It was 5 degrees here the other morning, FYI.)
Somehow we've adjusted to the Christmas season without freezing temperatures - maybe that's why the middle of December has snuck up. I'm glad you gave Nathan "the talk" - we all should be brave around Santa. And, where's our pregnant belly shot? I'm thinking a Santa hat, red bikini, and stockings.
So cute kara! I love the Ethel M chocolate factory!
Hey can you email me your address so I can send you a xmas card?
That is one damn fine Christmas bush.
We love our tree too. Just about everyday we comment on how nice it is. I hope Kim is enjoying hers.
Hey Chica,
Great tree, looks like home. I'm just glad we got ours when it was a little warmer than the current 7 degrees. I don't want to hear any complaining about Las Vegas for awhile now ok!? :)
Willow also loves our tree that we cut down! He looks so excited! And how fun that he actually sat on Santa's lap this year, Willow screamed at the top of her lungs. We figured it was probably a good thing that she won't go sit on some random man's lap without putting up a fuss, right? Merry Christmas!!
Nathan looks gigantic sitting on Santa's lap!! Holy cow...he has grown so much, even though I just saw you! I love your christmas tree!! Its beautiful!
Post a Comment