Monday, January 25, 2010

Small genes Jackson




So, my little baby is already 9 1/2 months old! Where has the time gone?? I took Jackson in for his 9 month well-check last week and was a little surprised to find out that he had a double ear infection. He's such a good boy, never even complained or had a fever! We got him on some medicine and he got two more shots and now the poor guy is really getting ready to cut his first teeth. But other than that, he's growing well enough, just not nearly as big as Nathan ever was. I knew that just by looking at him. He weighs 18 pounds (10th percentile) and he's about 27 inches tall (15th percentile). The DR said he's growing as he should, he's just genetically smaller than most kids his age. He definately must take more after the Mathews side, cause us Swanemyr's aren't "genetically small"!! But that's ok, maybe one of these days he'll catch up. He sure does try to keep up with his older brother. He's crawling all over the place, pulling himself up to everything, trying to climb the stairs and even pushes toys across the floor walking behind them. He eats like a horse, but only pureed baby foods. He GAGS on anything that has any kind of texture, except puffs. Weird, but I can't get him to try anything mashed up at all! I buy baby food and cereal like it's going out of style! He's sleeping in Nathan's room now and they're both handling it pretty well. We love our little Jackson and can't believe how fast he's growing up!

19 comments:

Perry Family said...

what a sweet little boy! how funny he didn't give you any signs about an ear infection!! don't you just love the second born? they always just go with the flow!

Emily said...

Well he's just the cutest little guy. LOVE HIM!!!

Savanna said...

Oh he's so cute! He'll probably catch up to his brother someday.

Dave and Natalie said...

He is darling and time flies. We love Nathan too!

Dani said...

What a cutie! I hope you had a good Christmas. Somebody at work today mentioned having made a trip to Ignacio and how far of a trip it was from Denver... of course, I thought of you.

*dani

Shanalyn Wilde said...

Good things come in small packages! Most of Lincoln's clothes have lasted longer since he grew so slowly. And if I had to carry him for a long time it was never really a big deal. Lincoln didn't hit 30lbs and 36 in until he was 3! :) But he sure is a quick little guy and holds his own even to the bigger kids. He is catching up now though. That's fun to have a big guy and a little guy too though! :) Hope all is going well.

James and Katrina said...

Hey Kara. Sounds like Lee genes to me. James got them too. But the rest of the brothers are tall! So fun to see pictures of your family.

Christi said...

I know everyone says this, but I really can't believe that he is that old already!!! He is so cute. I love that smile!!!

Sarah said...

I haven't even hardly seen him! It's crazy I saw Nathan all the time. where does the time go? I got your message but we've been out of town at my uncles funeral and dealing with chicken pox. We need to catch up. DId you guys really buy a house? What are the details?

Heidi Wilcox said...

He really is getting big too quickly when the slide show of his baby pics are right next to your post!
Your boys are the cutest!!!

Nate and Brooke Adams Family said...

I'm so glad that you leave comments on my blog. Your little boys are getting so cute. I wish we could come out and see you guys. You all look so good. Love you.

katy said...

Wow! I can't believe it's already been over 9 months since you had him. He's too cute! I really AM going to call you back one of these days.... sorry! :)

Sweet Family said...

He is so cute and definitely smaller than Nathan was. Isn't it fun how different your kids can be? 9 months and still no teeth! Wow! They are all going to pop in at once! Just wait!

Bringhursts said...

Ohhh, he's so cute, Kara! How fun and don't you just love good babies? They make the "hard" ones worth it.

Teresa Mathews said...

What cute pictures! It was fun to have you guys here for Christmas, even though you missed your family.

Holly said...

CUTE! My kids still love the laundry basket. Gotta keep them loving it, then my life would be cake! ha ha

Matt and Shannon said...

I am finally checking your blog!I need to get Google reader so I know when you update :) I bet Jackson hits a growth spurt and is tall like Chris. All of my siblings were like that - we were kinda little until about 10 or 12 and then got tall. He is a cutie though, that's for sure!

Holly said...

Ok Care Bear time to update, gotta see the boys! :) I did it, you can do it. ha ha! Hope all is going well for ya, give me a jingle.

The Englanders said...

I love the cute baby pictures!! He's getting so big already!