Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The past two months...


Well, the past two months have sort of been dragging on and on for me. I can't really say we've been doing a whole lot of anything but waiting.

Waiting to close on our house- we are buying a new house and now know that we are closing on April 6th. We are just now starting to pack and de-clutter and clean and prepare to move in on April 10th. We cannot be more excited. More pictures to come soon.
Waiting to find out if Jackson's ear infections would ever go away!
I have taken him to the DR 8 times, that's right, EIGHT times in the last two months. I just found out today that they are FINALLY better. He was on 4 different antibiotics and we found out he's allergic to pennicillin. The last attempt was 3 days of shots and that was not fun.
Jackson is now 11 months old and I cannot believe that he's almost a year old.

This year has been a harder adjustment than I thought, but we've almost made it and he's growing up to be such a sweet, fun, happy boy. He's now almost 19 pounds (still a tiny guy) and still 27 inches long. He eats like a horse, still not fond of feeding himself anything soft or mushy. Just crackers, puffs and fishies. He's cut his first two bottom teeth and the top two are just about to break through. Poor kid, he's been handling all this stuff pretty well.

(see the two little teeth on the bottom?)


Nathan has been enjoying his preschool class that we'll be so sad to be leaving in a month. I have been teaching the last two weeks and it's been such a fun thing for both of us to experience this year. It was so worth it for me to teach 6 weeks out of the 7 months that Nathan was able to be involved in this little group. It's really made his love for learning continue to grow. He now knows all of the letters of the alphabet, the sounds they make and he's starting to sound out short words. I swear he's going to be reading by the time he's 4 and we still have a year before Kindergarden. I try not to push him, just let him take the lead.

He's always wanting to draw pictures and send cards to his friends and family. He's so sweet and has such a fun-loving personality. He's really been a pretty nice big brother too, as Jackson just wants to be right in the middle of everything Nathan is doing. Nathan never hits or pushes him away; he's been pretty patient with his little drooling, snotty-nosed baby brother. I'm proud of him!




19 comments:

Holly said...

Oh such cuties! Is Jackson really 11 months? That's crazy! He's very very cute, love the pic of him crinkling his nose and the last one. You really loved teaching preschool? Hmm, we'll have to chat more about that one. ha ha! Love ya!

Dani said...

That drool in Jackson's first pic is great. I'm glad you posted that one. Plus, the mention of the drool later in the post ;)

I agree it was good to catch up on facebook. I'm using a new chat tool (called adium) that holds my gmail chat and hotmail chat. I just figured out how to add facebook chat too (even when I'm not logged into facebook), and I've been talking to so many people since then.

Take care and good luck with the move!! I can't wait to see pics of the new place once you're moved in.

Marchezt said...

Your boys are so adorable and have gotten so big!

Excited for your new house and for you to be "closer" to me. We should hang out when you get settled in! Let me know if I can do anything to help!

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

Bittersweet emotions about the house, Kara. So happy for you guys but seriouslly could you move any further? :) It looks really nice! Let us know when you need help with the move, I mean it!

Emily said...

Oh man I'm so glad his ear infections are finally better!!! What a trooper her is.

I can't wait to see the new place!!1

James and Katrina said...

Hey Kara. Love the post. I'm excited for you to get into your new house. It's always nice to have more room!

So, is Jackson to the point that he needs tubes in his ears? I hear that they help. Your boys are so adorable---growing up too fast!

Tara said...

So excited for you and your house!! That will be so nice for you! Those boys are darling, and I am so glad Jackson got over his ear infections. poor kid!

Christi said...

Seriously can't believe you had to go the doctor that much!!! Poor little Jackson!
I can't wait to see the inside of the house!!!

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

Holy crap! Jackson is getting so big. That means I need to come visit ASAP. He is huge. I love how smart Nathan is. How come I never get a card? Has he forgotten about Kimmy-Cade? Can't wait for your new house. Hopefully I'll talk to you soon.

Perry Family said...

Kara, I'm so excited for your new house!!! It looks beautiful and roomy!! What side of town is it on?
And hurray for no ear infections!! Poor little guy, that's rough. Nathan is such a sweetie, what a nice big brother he is!

Heidi Wilcox said...

Nathan has the prettiest eyes!!! I'm glad he's doing better being a big brother. It's amazing how they like to play together. Two is hard but definitely better then one. Little Jacksons teeth are so cute! I can't believe he's almost a year either. I'm so excited to see your house! We will be coming your way in late April on our way to AZ. Do you have a move in date yet?

Cindy Swanemyr said...

I just love Jackson's happy face. So hard to believe he could be happy with those ear infections. Wish you guys were moving closer to Colorado (no offense to all your Las Vegas friends), but I can't wait to come help!!! See ya soon.

Rebecca and Nick said...

Your boys are so cute! We will miss you guys when you move, but your new place looks great! I am sure your boys will love it too. So glad Jackson is doing much better.

Bringhursts said...

Kara, congrats on the house! I know how you hated not having as much room in the old place so I'm so happy for you.

Savanna said...

Poor Jackson. That is NO fun for him or for Mom. I am glad he is finally getting better. That's great that Nathan loves learning so much. It's crazy that in Kindergarten then expect them to read, do spelling tests and stuff I just can't believe. He will be right on target. We can't wait to come and see you in a month. Good Luck with all the moving stuff. That is no fun, but it will be so nice for you to have more space! Love you!

elisha said...

Such exciting news! A new house! I bet that will be great for you and your little boys. We will have to come visit for sure! Keep feeding those boys their veggis so one day they will grow nice and big and strong for Evie!

Christen said...

you have such cute little boys! i loved looking at all of the pictures!

Sweet Family said...

Yea! Finally an update! The house is beautiful! I'm excited for you guys! Your boys are getting so big, I can't believe Jackson will be 1 soon!

Jeana said...

Yeah congrats on the house! Your boys are so adorable! It is so crazy how fast the time goes. I can't believe your baby is almost 1!!