Nathan turned 4 on July 12 and we celebrated in South Dakota on our trip to the Mathews Reunion. That's a whole other post, but I wanted to share some great pictures of Nathan and what he's been up to this past year.
Nathan loves to play in the backyard, collecting "rolley pollies" and playing games.
This is our handsome cowboy at the Sheridan WYO rodeo, wearing Uncle Shane's hat!
Visiting Mt. Rushmore
We stayed in a cabin near Rapid City, SD with Chris' brothers and a sister. Nathan got to celebrate his birthday with cousins and that made it even more fun!
All he wanted for his birthday was a fishing pole, and he got it, and some power bait to go with!
Chris and his brothers took the kids fishing at a nearby lake the day after his birthday and he caught the biggest fish of all the cousins. He loves fishing now and wants to do it all the time!
Good ol' Lightning McQueen fishing pole- worked like a charm!
We visited Reptile Garden's on Nathan's birthday and he got to touch this giant tortoise, snakes and a baby alligator!
South Dakota is very famous for Dinosaur fossils, especially some of the biggest T-Rex's ever found in the US. If you know Nathan, he can tell you just about every species of dinosaur and whether it's a carnivore or herbavore! If he's not sure about the scientific name, he'll just make one up that sounds pretty close! We visited the Natural History Museum in Hill City, SD and enjoyed all the dinosaur fossils and skeletons.
In Rapid City there's this Dinosaur park that has all these huge statues of different dinosaurs to climb on and Nathan enjoyed that little adventure too!
This is Nathan jumping off the diving board in swimming lessons. He took lessons for about 2 1/2 weeks before our trip and did very well. He was very brave and can hold his breath for a long time. He loves floating on his tummy and swimming that way, but freaks out a little on his back. It's kind of funny, he says he doesn't like the water in his ears!
This is Nathan's new bedroom. He loves to dress up as a cowboy/pirate/builder and pretend to travel the world with his spotting scope, binoculars and stick horse. He's got such a great imagination and comes up with the best stuff. He's becoming such a good big brother and is very sweet to Jackson. He did preschool most of the year last year and is looking forward to it again this fall. He also took a sports class at the community center and enjoyed learning basketball, soccer, baseball, hockey and golf skills. He ALWAYS wants to go miniature golfing! We Love Nathan and the good boy he's growing up to be!




11 comments:
Super cute! I just want to squeeze him and those cheeks! :) Looks like a great trip. And I'm so glad he caught a fish, that makes fishing soooo much better. ;)
Great pictures! Looks like Nathan just had a blast with everything you did. Great looking birthday cake too. I also know how much he loves his cousins so I'm sure that made his birthday really special. I hope he remembers it. You'll have to make a book.
What a cutie! Love all the pictures and I love his room, he makes a good cowboy. Happy Birthday Nathan!
He is such a cute boy! It looks like he had a nice birthday! S.D. looks like it would be a fun place to visit!
Wow! He is such a boy! He is getting so big, I love the fish he caught! How do they get so big so fast?
He is so cute and growing so fast. Tell him happy birthday from us. :) looks like your trip was a lot of fun!
What a great set of pictures - looks like you guys were busy! I went to South Dakota a few years ago but I was so busy being pregnant and miserable that I missed some of the best parts of the state! I love Nathan's room -everything came together really well.
He is so big! I can't believe he's only a month older than Lincoln. He seems so much bigger! Looks like he had a very happy birthday, what a fun little boy.
Great pics!!! Happy Birthday Nathan. Looks like he has been having so much fun this summer! Love the cowboy hat and how lucky was he to touch that giant tortoise?!? Seriously he's going to have been to more places then me before he's in grade school!
So wonderful! I love the pictures of your cute little boy. And I am jealous the you went to Mt. Rushmore because I have been dreaming big for a long time now and that big dream has consisted of going to th mount of the presidents. Take care Kara.
We love Nathan too!!! He's so cute with his short haircut. We miss you guys, it has been too long!
Post a Comment