Thursday, September 23, 2010

Soccer


Nathan started playing soccer a couple weeks ago. He's part of a fun little program where the parents are involved in teaching skills and practicing them with their kids. There's a Master coach who leads us in drills with the kids and she has some people helping her. After about 45 minutes of practice, the kids are divided into teams of 3 and they scrimmage 3-on-3 for about 45 minutes. That's when the parents just stand back and watch, laugh, and shout directions from the sidelines. It's pretty hilarious! The kids have no idea which direction to go and there's no such thing as out-of-bounds. But the kids have fun and that's what matters right?
Aren't they so cute in their little huddle after the game?
Nathan was quite the hustler but didn't score any goals himself. He wanted to, but his teammates did a good job scoring several.
I'm so excited to be a "soccer mom"!
It's kind of a circus act trying to keep track of Jackson on the field at the same time we're helping Nathan with the drills and watching him. Jackson loves running around in the middle of the field, in the middle of everything and playing with the balls and cones.

After a long hard day of playing soccer, this is how Nathan likes to cool off and relax. He pretty much sat there and had us waiting on him hand and foot. He had a drink, lunch and a snack all from the comfort of his chair with his feet soaking in the water. It's so tough to be a 4-year old athlete!

13 comments:

Reed Family said...

SO Cute!! I can't believe how big your boys are :-)
That is hilarious that Nathan sat there while you waited on him!!
Sounds like you guys are doing well!!
Wish we could see you guys soon!!
Miss you XOXO

Cindy Swanemyr said...

You're hilarious!! Loved the picture of Nathan with his feet in the water. You didn't tell me about that!!He just looks SO grown up--can't believe it. I sure hope we get to watch him play when we come. And Jackson looks so much more grown up too. It's been WAY too long since we've seen you guys. Can't wait to come.

Savanna said...

How cute! You are the perfect Soccer Mom. At least you know whats going on in the game. I'm going to be in real trouble here in a year when I become a soccer Mom and start cheering for him to score a touchdown. :) I LOVE The picture of him soaking his feet. That is SO funny. I can just picture him loving being waited on. So cute.

Emily said...

Yea, he has a rough life.

I absolutely LOVE those soccer pictures. He is the cutest!!!!

Rebecca and Nick said...

That is so funny! Nathan makes such a cute little soccer player. I don't blame him for wanting to hang out in the water all day, its still kinda hot out there! Maybe next season I can get Owen on his team?

Jackie said...

Yes, you are a soccer mom. But, you're an upscale soccer mom with your SUV (at least you don't have a minivan). Glad you're starting him young. You have skills so you need to show Nathan your moves!

Holly said...

I just left you the longest comment in my history and then there was a glich! Grrr. How about I surprise you and just tell you on the phone about it? :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Nathan is awesome! Trey is playing soccer and is loving it too. We should get the boys together soon to play!

Matt and Shannon said...

I want Claire to play too! I love their uniforms - they look so official. When we were kids we had those reversible yellow and blue jerseys for every game. I hope he gets orange slices and Capris Suns every game :)

Bringhursts said...

Love it! Those boys are so cute, Kara. We miss you!

Lauren said...

Looks like he is having a blast! And what a smart boy soaking his feet and ordering you around, I love it!

katy said...

I can totally see you as a soccer mom. :) Looks like Nathan (& Jackson!) have a blast out there!

Sweet Family said...

Awesome! Willow did soccer this summer too and had a good time. He looks like a pro! How did he get so big! We need more pics of your house as you decorate it! AND MORE OF YOU SEXY WOMAN! :)