Monday, October 11, 2010

Jackson turns 18 months

They are starting to like each other!
My cute little cowboy after his first day of Nursery at church. It didn't go so well, but Sunday school and Relief Society were much quieter without him running wild!
Jackson loves to go down the slide at the park. He sits at the top of the slide and says, "set" and then I say "GO"! It's pretty cute!
He loves to run wild at Nathan's soccer games. He runs onto the field in the middle of games all the time. Last week he got ran over by a few kids. He just wants to play! Too bad he's going to have to wait 3 more years!
This kid loves to be outside, playing in the dirt and mud! We have this spot in the backyard with no grass and the boys both love to dig out there and make mud pies. Boys will be boys I guess!
Today was Jackson's 18 month well-check. He got tubes put in his ears 2 months ago and he's the healthiest he's ever been, until this last week. He got a runny nose and guess what- he's got another ear infection!!! Ughh, I thought we wouldn't have to deal with this anymore, but I guess I was wrong. It's not too bad I guess, he's doing fine otherwise. He's growing steadily and starting to learn so much. He can understand just about everything we tell him. He loves to go get his shoes out of the drawer when it's time to go somewhere. He cleans up and makes messes very well. He's starting to love to read books. And I can tell he's trying to say more words everyday. He's still my sweet baby and we love him to pieces!
Here's his stats: 23 lbs 10 oz- 25th percentile- he's slowly growing. He's getting about 8 teeth right now, all his molars and eye teeth- poor kid! I just looked at Nathan's baby book to compare notes- he was 30 pounds at 18 months! They are so different!

13 comments:

Rebecca and Nick said...

What a little cutie!! It is amazing how different two brothers can be.

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

He is so big! I can't believe it. What a cutie!

Christi said...

He had another ear infection!! That should be illegal after you get the tubes!
He is a cutie. It's so nice when the siblings become friends!!!

Holly said...

Great job lil Momma! Pat yourself on the back for keeping up the baby books. So sorry about the ear infection again- I thought that was not suppose to happen w/ the tubes? Glad he's healthier overall though. xoxo and miss ya tons!

Emily said...

It's so weird to see all these pics of Jackson because I remember similar ones of Nathan and it seems like YESTERDAY!!! He's such a cute cowboy.

I can't believe he got another ear infection, even after the tubes. What a mess.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Savanna said...

Man he is growing up fast. I feel bad he got another ear infection. Poor little guy, and poor Mommy. I love all the pictures. Very handsome little boys!!!

Sweet Family said...

Wow! What a tiny tike! My munchkin is 24 lbs 10 oz at 9 months. You've got a cute little boy!

Shanalyn Wilde said...

What a cute little guy! Looks like he is a busy one...and the weight doesn't seem too odd to me. Even my "biggest" one is just 30lbs at 26 months! :) Hope you all are doing well.

elisha said...

So big and so fun! And now I suppose you can be ready for another one!

Matt and Shannon said...

18 months! That went by so fast. And I can't wait for Miles to go to nursery - it completely changes how your church experience goes every Sunday, doesn't it?

Tara said...

Isn't it crazy how different they are? my boys are shaping up to be the same way.. except for Luke is the big one and Drew is still a wee little lad.

He is such a cutie Kara! I can't believe he got another ear infection either. What is that all about?!

Man I am counting down to nursery for Luke. Church is a nightmare right now!

Heidi Wilcox said...

So cute! I can't believe how big he is! I bet you are so happy he can go to nursery now. I can't wait!!!