These pictures are all backwards, but I just had to highlight our wonderful Christmas and New Year's Eve celebrations. We had a great time in CO this year with my family. Chris drove out there with us and stayed through Christmas and then he came back home to work (bummer) but we got to stay another week and ride home with friends. It was a long trip and we missed Dad, but we got to see lots of friends and do lots of playing.
Nathan got tossed around a lot by his Uncle Jesse
The kids got lots of love and muddy buddies from Great Granny and we did lots of playing in her basement- ping pong and foosball.
On New Years Eve my brother and sis-in-law and I took the kids to the bowling alley for a couple fun games. The kids had fun and then we met my parents at the seafood buffet for dinner- yummy!
Jackson would insist on carrying the 6 pound ball up to the line, drop it and kick it down the lane! It was pretty funny, cause he grunted and tried so hard.
We played with my friend Teresa and her boys one day and made these giant gingerbread men. Nathan and Gabe had fun and ran around the house playing hide-and-seek.
Nathan had SOOOO much fun at our friend Katie's house one day. She took him for a ride on her horse and he loved it. Then we went inside for hot chocolate and cookies and played with her love birds. Nathan was so brave and loved holding the birds and letting them climb up his arm and on his back. I couldn't believe it. He thought they were so funny.
Santa brought Jackson's slide to Las Vegas so it was Christmas all over again when we got home. He LOVES it! Nathan does too and it's now in the backyard.
Nathan got a new dinosaur book that he LOVES from Aunt Judy. We are so spoiled by everyone!
Jackson got two car ramp/garages and he was OBSESSED with them! No one else could even touch them without him freaking out. He's really getting into trucks, trains and cars. It's pretty cute, but he can sure be a beast sometimes!
Nathan got a bike from Santa and his reaction to it was not as excited as I hoped, but he loves it. We've been practicing riding it up and down our street and he does great with the training wheels. I'm trying to convince him to learn to ride without the training wheels by the time he starts Kindergarten this fall. He thinks he needs them till he's 8!
Our one attempt at getting a picture of the cousins (minus baby Wyatt) on Christmas Eve in their PJ's that Aunt Katie made. Jackson is so uncooperative!
This was taken at Nathan's preschool cookie decorating party. It was so cute- all the kids were dressed as Rudolf and they sang some songs and then Santa came. Then they got to decorate cookies and eat them. I just love his teachers and there are so many nice parents and kids in his class. He got candy canes from his friends and he made cute cards for his teachers.
Here's our classic picture with Santa. I just have to laugh at Jackson's face and reaction (I'm such a mean mom)! He was fine taking the candy cane from Santa though. We saw Santa three or four times before Christmas and Nathan could never remember what he told the first guy, so he didn't know what to tell them when they asked what he wanted. I guess that's a sign that your kid doesn't NEED anything for Christmas, when he can't even think or remember what he wants!
We made this awesome gingerbread house before Christmas. Nathan was so into it and it turned out great. When we came home and I told him it had to go in the trash, he started bawling! He is so sensitive sometimes!
Our trip to CO wouldn't have been complete without a visit with this gal and her new bundle of cuteness! Nicolle was one of my favorite roommates from our college days at BYUH and Brynn is just the cutest little thing ever!
I know I am leaving things out like building a snowman. It was FREEZING after Christmas- 20 below zero. It was kind of nice to come home to Las Vegas winter weather. For instance, we went to the park today in t-shirts and sandals- it's over 70 degrees here in January!
Well, sorry for the long post, but that's what you get when I only blog once every 2 months! Hope you all have a Happy New Year. We enjoyed hearing from many of you at Christmas. Sorry we didn't get a card out- it doesn't mean that you weren't thought of.




13 comments:
First of all I want an Uncle Jesse, like from Full House! Glad you guys had such a good time. I can't believe that Nathan got to ride a horse!!!
We need to hang out soon b/c I am forgetting what you look like!
Looks like you had a great time at Christmas. Your pictures are all so cute. I will make it to see you sometime. I really will. :)
What a fun trip and Christmas in CO! Sounds like Nathan had the most fun. Your boys are so cute!!
I love the horse picture!!! SO awesome! So does Nathan fit on that bike? I think Easton is too tall for 14 inch...I just can't figure it out. I guess we'll just be scooter people for awhile longer.
Loved this post, I'm so glad you guys had fun in CO. I love that Jackson is so into his toys, that's so cute.
Hope we get to see you soon!
Looks like you had so much fun! I miss las vegas winter weather! the other day I drove Bailey to school and it was 10 degrees outside... not cool! We try to paly out side but we dont last very long. We sure miss you guys! BTW love your jewlery!
Looks like you had a great Christmas! Your boys look so old now esp. Nathan, he is looking like a big boy in all those pics!
Oh So CUTE!
What cute kids! Miss them! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I wonder when we will get to see you next. Sad we live so far away :(
You look cute in your cardigan! So glad you updated your blog and glad you've thawed out in LV. Colorado was definitely cold!
Fun to see all your pics, good job. I can't believe it was so cold- yuk. Glad you had a great time. I love your necklaces too. ;) And really, did you guys decorate that gingerbread house- Nathan is more talented than I ever will be w/ these clumsy hands- ha ha. :)
So fun! I love the huge gingerbread men and nathans red nose. BTW your looking hot in that last pic;)
I love the gingerbread men. I just want to eat them right now. I love how good lookin your boys are, and I love seeing Nicole and her little girl. Someday, hopefully, I'll get to meet her.
Okay, I know that you posted this almost 7 months ago, but I'm so behind on your life so I was catching up! Though I haven't had a chance to thoroughly read everything, I saw this picture of you and Nicole and had to say hi!!! I sure miss you both and hope all is well. You guys are the sweetest and hope one day to run into each other and embrace!!! Love you!!
Post a Comment