Monday, February 7, 2011

Cheese heads and wreaths

This is how we enjoyed the Super Bowl last night- with the Wadsworth's and Duchaine's.

I have been in a crafty mood lately and I am loving wreaths right now. I want one for every holiday or month of the year. This lima bean wreath (above) was a perfect idea cause I can spray paint it a different color every time I want to change it up a little. Or just change the ribbon. It was so easy and I love it! This is going on my front door in March for St. Patty's Day!
This little Valentine's Day number was a doozey! I burned myself with the hot glue gun about 50 times, but I managed to finish it a week before V-Day! I am loving it and it's getting me in the mood for Valentine's Day.
I can't believe how fast time is flying by. We are getting ready to go to Hawaii on Feb 25th. We got this great opportunity to go with Chris' brother Brent and his wife to the Big Island for 7 nights. I am so excited to get back to the Islands- it's been 7 years since I've been back. Chris has never been. We will be staying over for two extra days on Oahu so I can show Chris around the BYU-Hawaii campus, Polynesian Culture Center and the North Shore. I can't wait, but it's bittersweet cause this will be our first time leaving our kids. I am happy that we will get a little break from everything and I know they will be in good hands with our moms and Maria, but I am hoping I don't worry about them too much. I want to be able to relax and enjoy myself but I also want them to be happy and not miss me too much.

18 comments:

Emily said...

SO cute! They both look awesome and like it took forever. You go girl.

I'm so jealous you get to go to Hawaii. How AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys are going to have a blast.

Keep up the crafty cuteness!

Kyle and Eva said...

Wow Kara, I love the wreaths! I love that you are getting so crafty! So Jealous that you get to go to Hawaii, but so excited for you two. I hope you have soo much fun!!

Christi said...

First super cute wreaths!! And Hawaii without kids?!?! I am so jealous!!!! I want to hear all about it. We miss you guys too!

Shanalyn Wilde said...

How fun that you get to go to Hawaii! How jealous am I? Your boys will be fine...don't worry...enjoy! And what cute wreaths little miss crafty! I want to know how you made them...oh wait I doubt I'd get the chance to make them though! They are super cute, Id like to think I could!

Holly said...

2 words: UTAH TECHNOLOGY! :p Don't tell me you had to glue all those lima beans on there. Glad you're having fun w/ your new hobbie, you're so domestic, ha ha. Thanks so much for calling! xoxo

Alifinale said...

I want to know how to make the Valentine wreath. So cute. And super excited for you slash way jealous you get to go to Hawaii for 7 days! That is so awesome!

Matt and Shannon said...

I need a close up tutorial of that Valentine's wreath - very cute, as is the lima bean one. I had fun catching up at lunch today - we will plan another one when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kara! Have fun in Hawaii! I'm so jealous that you get to go back to Laie. Our family went to Maui last June, but not to Oahu. I really wish that I can take Jordan back one day and show him around. Be ready for lots of Seasider memories to come flooding back! Go eat at Matsumoto's for me. :)

Savanna said...

Check you out Ms. Crafty pants. They are so cute. I'm so excited for you to go to Hawaii. It will be such a good break for you and for your boys. When you get home they will just be so happy and you'll all remember how much you love eachother. :) It's good for the parents and the kids so don't worry... just go HAVE FUN!! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

I deleted the post from Zach, I was logged in under his account, silly me! Anyhoo, I love the wreaths, very cute!

Have soooo much fun in Hawaii...you wouldn't happend to have room in your suitcase for a stowaway? Just a thought..:) I am pretty jealous but happy for you and the alone time you are going to get!

Rebecca and Nick said...

I am loving that Valentine wreath!! I so want to do that. It looks hard though.

Have so much fun in Hawaii!! Soak up some paradise for me.

Jackie said...

I'm adding a comment to boost you to a validation total of 13! Have fun at Bunco...so jealous...hope you get to wear the crown :)

Heidi Wilcox said...

So fun! I love the flower/valentines day wreath. You are going to have to tell me how you did that. I hope you have a blast in Hawaii!

Cindy Swanemyr said...

Love the wreaths. They're cuter than I expected. I hope you have a VERY relaxing time in Hawaii--let me do the stressing!!!

Cindy Swanemyr said...

Love the wreaths. Much cuter than I expected. And please don't worry while in Hawaii. Just RELAX and leave the stressing to me. We'll be fine.

katy said...

Kara! I love the wreaths and I can't wait to hear about your trip to Hawaii! I guess you're back by now. I'm sure you had so much fun! Post lots and lots of pictures! :)

Justina Selim said...

I love the wreaths! I'm glad I found your blog! :->