Friday, May 16, 2008

Sleepless nights...

I have had some sleepless nights lately.  I haven't been in much of a blogging mood anymore.  As you all notice, I had to go "Private".  Long story, but I guess I learned my lesson about the "World Wide Web".  Don't put anything on here that you don't want everyone in the world to able to read and criticize your every word.  I guess I just thought that my "friends" would read it and I wouldn't have anything to worry about.  Little did I know, my life is so interesting that other "strangers" would want to read my blog and have things to say about it.  I am sorry that that bothers me, I guess I don't know how to take a joke or something.  I just felt weird about it, and that's it.  I shouldn't have to apologize for thinking it's weird that a complete stranger, who is a man married with kids, would look at my blog and make rude comments towards me and my kid and then publish all his thoughts about me on his blog!!!  Sorry, I need to just forget about all this and move on, but I had to get this off my chest.  Just wanted to give you an explanation why I went "private".  
On to the other reason I am losing sleep.  Last night we started church volleyball.  Our ward has two teams and I kind of got put in charge.  Well, I separated the teams and made them as even as I thought I could, and hoped that we would both be good enough to beat all the teams in the stake.  Our first team won their game (good job girls) and we played last night at 9:00.  WE LOST!!!  If you don't know me very well, I'm VERY competitive.  I know it's church ball and there are a lot of fun girls on my team that haven't played very much volleyball.  I just hate losing so bad.  I don't know how to handle it!  I laid in bed last night thinking about it and I want to plan a practice again next week so we can win all the rest of our games.  It's really hard to get in sync on the court when you're playing with girls you're not used to playing with and everyone is on a different level.  I love all the girls in the ward and this is going to be really fun, but it's even more fun when you WIN!!!  Any suggestions for me on how I can learn to not be a sore loser??  

16 comments:

Savanna said...

Kara.... scary that some psycho was looking at your blog. There are some real freaks out there for sure! I think you are so cute about sports.... I don't have any advice other than chill out and just HAVE FUN. (that's what I tell Dan.) :) So you should come visit. You are ALWAYS invited. I just know it's a long drive. Love ya!

Jessett said...

That is so scary about that creepy guy. Maybe I should go private too. YIKES!!

You are such a serious game player. There is nothing wrong about that. Sorry about our lose last night. I hate to loss too. I was bumming it last night as well. I am totally down for practice. I guess we should talk to the others. It sucks because we not only let ourselves down but the team too. At least that is the way I am feeling.

We will NEVER loss again!!!! I hope!!!!

Goooo Pinnacle Ward Team 2!!!!

Holly said...

I've been thinking about you... I've been wondering what you've been up to. No minutes so we'll chat tomorrow. :)
Chin up and just be glad you've the talent of an athlete unlike the rest of us who shoot in the wrong hoop. :)

Emily said...

Maybe we'll need to lose all of our games in order for you to learn how to be a good loser, Kara.

I had tons of fun last night, and hey, who DOES like to lose? I was totally bummed, but it's all good. I think another practice would be awesome. Our team is radical!

C Crane said...

That totally stinks that someone would do that. It is a little freaky to be "out" there where anyone can view. I think you and Nathan are adorable and so fun to be around! Sorry about volleyball, I think that open gym nights would be awesome. Let me know how I can help with that or with the co-op babysitting.

Perry Family said...

that is freaky about some stranger reading your blog. Kind of makes me want to go private as well! Yikes!

Well, too bad we moved out of the stake because the tournament sounds like lots of fun!! Hope you really enjoy playing...wish I could too:) good luck

Anonymous said...

Kara - that is exactly why I went private. Someone had left an anonymous comment on our blog about how idiotic the Mormons are and about how we're all going to "you know where." I hope that going private makes you feel better...it did for me!!

EstesSBTAK said...

I am also very competitive. However, I had to learn to relax. It really doesn't matter... their will always be other games, as long as YOU do your best. That is all you can do! Everyone isn't competitive.. so it is just upsetting when you try to make them care. Just HAVE FUN! Life is too short! Good luck. You can do it! Keep smiling! Love ya

Christi said...

Sorry you had to go private! I am sure you will wing the rest of your games!!! I want to come and watch one!

Bringhursts said...

Sorry you had to go private; I still feel bad about it like it's my fault. Anyway, about volleyball just go and look at it like a little bit of a workout. I mean, how much can you really expect from church ball? Maybe I'm just saying this because WE WON! Just kidding . . .

Jeana said...

So sorry that you had to deal with some psycho.... that really makes me think about going private also... So you have no clue who this random guy is or how me found your blog??

Sarah said...

I know the story about the psycho and it really is psycho! sorry i didn't call you back last night. Preston was in panaca and I was at my mom's making apricot jam til late! I'm home with trenton today from church cause i don't want to send him to nursery when he still has a bad cough.

I have no advice about the competitive thing because i'm the same way! It's so frustrating!

Cassey said...

I'm so curious about this story. I've almost called you a couple of times to get the whole story.

Sorry about losing. Be glad I am not on the team, I'm terrible and not competitive at all. I would love to come watch one. Send me a email of when you play.

katy said...

Kara, I don't know what to tell you about the competitive thing! Some guy actually spoke about that here at a fireside not too long ago...I'll email you about it. And I'm glad you went private! Scary! And I'm sorry it's so dang HOT there!! Just remember you didn't hit -36 this past winter and maybe that will help you appreciate 107 more....I don't know. :)

The Prigmore Family said...

Excuse me?!!! What a freak that guy! I thought about switching my blog to private but then I figured only you and 2 other people read it so I won't bother. By the way, thanks for always commenting. You rule.

I am THE WORST loser too! I know exactly how you feel. You try to be nice on the outside but on the inside the monster is raging!

Heidi comes on thurs. I wish you could come visit when she's here but you should come when she leaves! It would be a blast and we'd LOVE to have you and that cute little Nathan.

Unknown said...

Well, we are both competitive and I have been playing coed beach volleyball for so long, but before I joined I was playing in a league (fours), after you play doubles with really good players, then go back to playing in a league, it's horrible. The players are beginners and I get so frustrated. I try to be a good sport, but I hate losing too. I suggest having a practice for sure and go over passing. Passing is so important, forget about the set and hit, that will just confuse them. Teach them how to pass to a target and have them practice against a wall and then do free balls over the net. At least if they can pass it will be better. You will be a better sport, if you feel like you made some effort to get better.