Monday, July 7, 2008

We're Back!

Well, Nathan and I have been out of town for almost two weeks and we're finally back home and I don't even know where to begin.  This might take me awhile to blog about all the fun things we've done.  I'll try to just highlight the best things and spare you all my millions of pictures and details.  I have a hard time though cause we had so much fun in Colorado! I didn't really want to leave- it was really hard this time.  It's always hard, but it was especially fun this time.  I think cause Nathan is getting older and he really had a good time.  He was in heaven playing outside in the sand box, at the barn on the tractors, riding the 4-wheeler with "Papa" and taking wagon rides from Grandma and Granny.  
Nathan is obsessed with tractors!  That was all he talked about and had to "drive" every one of them and touch all the buttons and honk every horn.  I think he belongs on the farm, not cooped up in this city!  
We went boating with my brother Jesse.  He just got a new boat and it was a blast!  I got up on one ski for the first time in about 4-5 years and it felt so good!  Nathan loved the water and driving the boat.  We also went swimming at the rec center a few times and that was really fun.  He just wanted to play all the time.  He hardly made time to eat or sleep.   We went on a beautiful hike up above Vallecito Lake.  The trail was pretty steep and runs along the creek (well, more like a raging river).  It was a workout carrying Nathan on my back, but it was worth it.  My mom got more pictures on her camera of that, so more of that to come.  
Driving the 4-wheeler with Grandma
Helping Papa irrigate
Playing in the sand box with Grace
Playing in the water with Grace and Charley
Swimming at Navajo Lake with Uncle Jesse



13 comments:

Emily said...

Ya know, he really does look like he belongs on the farm. Too bad we're not ever letting you leave!
That all looks like so much fun and makes me so excited to get out of here and play in Oregon. I bet he loved the tractors and toys and sand...he was probably in heaven!

I'm so glad you had a good time with your fam, but so glad you're back!!!

Next time I want to go.

Jess and Matt said...

Love all of your cute pictures! That trail in Vallecito is my favorite place on earth, we hike it all the time! I LOVE it! You are right, it is quite a workout toting a big kid. Isn't that backpack the greatest though? It was fun to see you for a bit! I am glad that you had such a great time, you'll just need to convince Chris to move out here!

MattJulieGavin said...

It sounds like you guys had fun on your trip also. I had a blast on all of our many travels, but I am definitely glad to be sleeping in my own bed!
Gavin loves trucks, tractors, and anything else that has wheels on it. boys. HOW FUN! oh but he would be so jealous if he understood all that you did out there.

Unknown said...

Hey Kara, I am so glad I got to experience life on the farm with you (even just for a few minutes)! I loved being able to see where home is for you. It would have been fun to stay longer, but I'll have to plan another trip out there sometime. Your parents are so cute--I appreciate them letting me stay there last week. Nathan NEEDS to be on the farm and so do YOU! Now let's talk to Chris...;)

Savanna said...

Looks like you had TONS Of fun. I think all 3 of you belong on farm and not in the city. :) Nathan is getting so big and so fun. I am sure your parents ADORE him and loving having you visit for so long.

Perry Family said...

WOW, looks like you guys had a great summer trip!! ANd that looks like a great hike with Nathan!! I'm so glad you were able to spend a long time with your family!! That makes for wonderful memories.

Christi said...

I am glad that you had such a good time. We are glad that you are back though. Nathan is such a cutie!!!

Sarah said...

i know you had fun! you always love going to CO! how was the wedding?

Nate and Brooke Adams Family said...

Im so jealous you go to go home. I wish I could have gone. Your little boy is so cute! We miss you guys alot!

The Prigmore Family said...

Welcome back! We've missed you. Looks like you had a BLAST! I am also impressed ms. back packer mcgee! Look at you go.

Marchezt said...

Love the pics of your precious boy! Looks like you had a great time!

James and Katrina said...

Great pics! Colorado looks like a great place~ Nathan is so cute. I love seeing you guys during the wedding.

Bringhursts said...

That looks so fun to be outside and not melting. Glad you guys had a good time but even more glad you're back!