Well, it's been a week since we were in Colorado for our short visit. Nathan and I rode out to visit my family with Chris' oldest sister Heather and her youngest Seth (4). Heather was buying a 4-H steer for her son and gets them from some people my family knows in CO. I tagged along for the ride and to see my family for a couple days. It was short, but sweet as always. It rained almost the whole time we were there, but it was a really nice change of scenery for us. I actually wore sweats and a sweatshirt, and realized that I don't know how to pack for CO weather in the fall. You never know if it's going to be 70 degrees or snowing! I forgot to pack socks for Nathan, since he refuses to wear them anyway. He wore his crocs most of the time, which doesn't work well
when he wants to spend every waking minute at the barn in the mud and hay. He still has his obsession over tractors and whenever it wasn't pouring rain, he was at the barn or on the 4-wheeler with my dad.
Playing in the sandbox with cousin Kendrick and Hilary's kids Grace and Charly
Here he is, driving the tractor for the first time. I wish you could have seen the smile on his face. He was lifting the loader part up and down and honking the horn with pure joy!
Anyway, we got to see a couple of my good friends and their new babies. Also, we got to say goodbye to my good friend Hilary and her kids before they take an extended vacation to Ireland! It was a much needed trip for me, but it always makes it hard to leave. I think Nathan makes it even harder to leave. He kicks and screams when it's time to go and it makes me want to cry. It's really hard being far away from family. I am glad I get to go home as often as I do, I just always wish it was more.
On the way home we saw a couple of my old roommates, Jackie and Katy. We had a great time at Jackie's house- she has three boys and one is Nathan's age. Talk about toys and tractors! Nathan was in HEAVEN! He could have played outside in the dirt all day. It was a nice visit.
We are home now and enjoying some cooler weather here too. Chris missed us and he's finally catching up at work now, so we might actually see him this week. Happy Fall!




22 comments:
I am glad that you got to go on a vacation even if it was just for a couple of days. Nathan looks so happy :)
How fun! Good luck this week getting ready for Fab. Fri!
How fun, I wish Chris could go with you to some of your trips to CO. It must be hard to leave him and for him to let you two leave. I hope you're enjoying the cooler weather. How are you feeling?
I can relate to missing home, family, and friends. I always thought that with time it gets easier, but I think as my kids get older, it gets harder being away.
Glad you had a good visit!
Call me this week for anything for our Fab Friday!
Oh my gosh I wish I could have seen him driving that tractor! It's so fun to see your kid doing something that makes him so happy, and I can just picture him freaking out in joy. So cute!
Even if it was short, it was so good for you to go! I bet your mom and dad loved it, and Nathan too.
I hope Chris doesn't stay so busy!! Thanks for taking care of my boys while I was gone, you're the best!
how fun. i'm glad you got to go home even if it was for a short while. it's always nice. your trips home always look like so much fun!
Great to read about your family's happenings. CO sounds like fun. We got 6 inches of snow over the weekend, so the weather is cold here now! I wish I could visit you to get warm!
That is so fun to get a little break and change of scenery. Looks like Nathan and your Dad are in heaven when you are there. That is so fun. I wish I lived closer so you could come play here anytime! :)
That is so exciting that you got to go home, even if it was a short trip. I think Nathan is so cute at your mom's house. I am so jealous for you guys. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? We are hopefully going to Durango. I miss you.
I'm jealous -- I'm 26 yrs older than Nathan and I've never even ridden a tractor. I'm glad you got to spend some time at 'home.' Its so cold here already, keep enjoying that vegas weather as long as you can.
I'm so glad you got to go and see your family. I don't know how you do it living a few states away!! It just maks it that much more special to visit!
I love how Nathan is crazy about your parents place and all the fun he has there.
Nathan is so cute.. I miss you guys. Just to let you know Cade and I are going to Panaca this weekend. So jump in the car and come :)
I can't believe how big Nathan is. He is sure cute. We sure miss you guys.
I love how all the kids are bundled up like it's cold. We already had snow! I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to move to UT! We should house swap and see if the grass is greener on the other side;)
I hope you're doing okay back in Vegas! It was sure fun to see you! I'm going to try to make it down that way one of these weeks! :)
I'm so glad you got to go home for a while, even if it was short. There is always something so refreshing and uplifting about going home for a while. I am so glad to live here now, but I remember when I didn't live here a piece of me felt like it was missing. I hope you get to enjoy many more frequent trips out here!
How fun that he gets to do all that stuff when you guys get to go to Colorado. You are so brave to go all that way. That is one crazy drive.
Nice tractor! Did they buy it just for Nathan? :) Glad you had fun. Next time get a pic of Charley and Grace's face if you can- since that's all the pics we see of them. :) ha ha Hope you're doing good!
I love that he is obsessed with tractors. So cute. Sorry I am so late in coming on this post - but I am a slacker. PS, Friday was so much fun. Thanks for all your hard work.
Nathan needs his own little Deere to drive up and down your street. Don't you just love Colorado?!
Nathan is soooo cute! I love that he is so into Tractors.
Thanks again for having us over for dinner the other night. You make some mean burgers. :)
Nathan is cute. That stinks that he was so sad.
Post a Comment