Dixie College roommates- Jackie, Brit, me, Adrienne, and Necia
playing on and in the fire trucks at "Touch a Truck"
fixing a tire at the Children's museum
Swimming with Zach, Taylor and Zoe (kids I used to babysit)
OK, so the month of March has pretty much been madness, but fun madness. And I'm not just talking about basketball (even though I'm into that bracket thing a little too much)! We have had friends and family in town non-stop for the past 5 weeks! It's been so fun to always have something to do and somewhere to go (mostly out to eat- LOTS). Chris' sister was in town awhile back with her four boys for high school rodeos. Those four boys are perfect for Nathan to be around- he adores them and was on cloud nine that they stayed with us! I also got to drive up to St. George one Saturday to meet up with my cousin Savanna and her two kids and play with them for the day. It was so fun to see her and her two cute kids and my other cousins as well. Chris' brothers came down for the MWC basketball tournament and they all went golfing and we all went bowling too. Chris had a good time getting his butt kicked at both!
I have had a bunch of old roommates in town and it's been so fun to catch up with them. A couple of them I've known now for 10 years and we can still pick right up where we left off and have such a good time together.
Then my brother decided to come visit and bring his girlfriend. We enjoyed them and Nathan especially loved going to Bass Pro Shops with Uncle Jesse.
I've had a couple other friends in town that used to live here and we've enjoyed going to the park, Children's Museum and out to eat. I don't know what it's like to have to cook regular meals at home cause we eat out all the time! I think Chris is getting sick of it.
The weather has been gorgeous- minus a few windy days, and it's Spring Break! I don't know why we don't have more visitors when it's snowing in UT, CO and ID (hint hint people). Vegas is where it's at right now!! It's been a really nice way to spend my last month of pregnancy. I don't have time to sit around and wait- there's too much going on. We had good friends come through yesterday and Nathan went swimming with the kids at their pool- he loved it! Then next week my old roommate from college is coming to stay with me for a few days. Then my Mom will be here and then the baby will be here (hopefully in that order).
I have a week and a half left of being pregnant and I'm kind of getting ready to be done. I still think it's easier being pregnant than taking care of a newborn, but I'm starting to feel like my body is very large and it's not really mine anymore. I don't think Nathan is ready to be a big brother and still has no clue what's coming. We still don't have names picked out and we probably won't till the baby is born. I'm scheduled to be induced on April 8th, if I make it that long. My next post will probably be pictures and hopefully a named baby boy!




15 comments:
You have had a busy month, I cannot believe all of your visitors! It really has made the time go by fast. Have I told you how sad I am that I'm going to miss holding your BRAND NEW baby? I'm hoping he'll come early.
I can't believe they went swimming...crazy!
I'm jealous of your roommate pic...I never get to see my roommates, that would be so fun!
I think we are coming up for the fair. Don't worry we are getting a hotel. But I'm excited that I'll get to see the baby before the reunion.
I am tired just reading that! That is cool that you had so many friends and family come through though.
I can't wait to see the baby, and see what you end up naming it. I am excited!!!!!
Rodeos are awesome.
I can't believe you are almost done being preggo!!! Awesome job Kara. I hope keiki #2 just slips right out. Good luck! You're gonna do great.
Kara, that is so fun to see your family. I can't wait to see the pictures of your new addition. You should name him Matthew. Come on, why hasn't anyone used that name yet?
Yes, those few warm days weren't too warm, but we liked it anyway. We wanted to go home to visit everyone at spring break, but I guess we're holding out until August. We'll see if we make it that long. You should come here in the summer when you're burning up hot!
May you have a speedy delivery!
I am glad that you've been busy! I think it really helps that last month of pregnancy when you keep busy. I am SO happy that I was able to see you. I miss you. Nathan is adorable. I can't wait to see him as a big brother. I think he will surprise you.
Kara you always keep SO BUSY with friends and family in town! It was so nice to visit with you so THANK YOU for going out to eat with us. I don't know why we don't come down when it's snowing...like today! I'm sick of the snow! We're so excited to see pictures of the baby, I'll be thinking about you and hoping everything goes smoothly.
Good times, good times! I think it's easier to just want to stay pregnant (especially when you think of having to get into a new routine soon), but the largo body can push you over the top. And Matthew Mathews...I hope that was a joke.
It was really good to see you and all the other Sista Soldiers. Just think pretty soon you will have two kids screaming for your attention. I am so excited for you!!!!!
That has been one busy month. Perfect for when you are about to have a baby to distract you from being so uncomfortable. You look fabulous and I can't wait to meet the little nameless guy.
That is so cool that you got to get together with the Dixie roomies. I know what you mean about the big pregnant thing too. I've got a month left, and no visitors to distract. It's just too cold here I guess. I should have moved to Vegas. Good luck with everything. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your little guy.
Hey Kare Bear! ha ha
Glad you're having tons of fun and not waiting on the baby... good luck this week! Love ya!
Hey, how are you? I keep checking your blog for news. But I'm sure Chris or Rob will call us when you have that baby?
I'm super excited for my new nephew to get here TOMORROW!! Yay! you better be sending me a picture asap after he is born. To answer your question... my job involves me setting up a booth at different scrapbooking conventions and then selling their products to the public as they come though. It's fun though. Talk to you soon
Well, You've probably had the baby now that I'v finally sat down to check blogs for a bit! Good luck/congratulations!! Hope all went smooth!! Please let me know how everythng goes!! CALL ME!!
Post a Comment