Friday, May 8, 2009

One Month

I took this picture, as you can tell, I'm not a professional




I can't believe Jackson is already a month old!  These last few weeks have kind of been a blur- maybe it's cause I'm living on 4-5 hours of sleep a night, and no naps during the day.  I don't know how long I'll be able to go on like this.  Some days I think there's no way I can drag myself out of bed, but I do and I am surviving.  Maybe cause Nathan is living off of TV and entertains himself like an angel (most of the time- when he's not in the mood to destroy things).  Jackson sleeps great, during the day and is pretty good in his swing.  Getting him to bed at night is a whole other story.  He likes to be wide awake, pooping, hiccuping, and crying at 10:00 till about midnight or 1:00 AM!  It's crazy, but no matter what time I try to get him down for bed, it takes about 2-3 hours of feeding, changing, rocking, bouncing, repeated three times, before I get him to sleep.  Then he's usually good for 3-4 hours, but I don't remember it being this difficult with Nathan.  I could just lay Nathan in his own bed, in his own room wide awake and he'd fall asleep on his own!  Why can't Jackson do that?  
Besides the sleeping part, Jackson is still a sweet, snuggly baby who eats pretty good and is a good baby for the most part.  Nathan still has no part in being a big brother.  He really still doesn't even acknowledge Jackson or act like he's even around.  The other night when we were getting Nathan to bed he asked me, "When is Jackson going away?"   I told him never and that he better get used to the idea of being a  big brother!  I think this may take awhile still.  He really has done well with the fact that we hardly ever leave the house and he's cooped up inside all day playing by himself.  He's only colored on the walls once and caused me to scream and yell a couple times- not too bad for an active boy who's used to going somewhere every day.  
Still no pictures of all four of us together and certainly not any of the two boys together, but I do have some awesome pictures that were taken by this awesome photographer  www.erinfonnesbeckphotography.com  
Most of you have probably seen these already, but I can't get enough of them.  

17 comments:

Emily said...

Jackson's routine sounds a lot like Easton's, and that lasted for months...so good luck!

Just kidding, he's still so tiny, I'm sure he'll be a perfect, sleeping angel in no time, because that's just how it works with other people's kids.

Brittney and Rob said...

Nathan is so funny. I love that he asked when Jackson is "going away". It is crazy to me that you have two kids. I still remember when you were dating that Jake guy...boy how time flys.

Matt and Shannon said...

Good job on the blog updates - cute slideshow! I can never figure out how to get mine into the design of the blog... anyway, you braved the park on Saturday which is way more than I would have done. In a few weeks you will get your schedule down - or at least get so stir crazy at home that you will have to start going out more. :)

Christi said...

I love those pictures of him!!! He will get his routine down, he is only a month!!! He is soooo cute!

Holly said...

Happy Mother's Day! Good luck with the lack of sleep and try to rest when you can. This time will fly by just try to survive the best you can. See ya soon!

Bringhursts said...

I love that Nathan wants to get rid of him. You guys can hang out with us when Ethan is using Cohen as his personal wrestling dummy.

Sarah said...

he's so cute. I ccan't believe it's been a month!

James and Katrina said...

Happy Mother's Day! I am still laughing that Nathan asked when Jackson is going away---so typical. Hang in there with the no sleep thing. I always noticed that after one month with a new baby, things got better. How much does he weigh now? My babies slept better the more weight they gained. It didn't matter what routine I tried, because they all had their own schedule. I hope you get some rest soon!

Jackie said...

I'm loving Nathan's ambivalence. Maybe he thinks if he doesn't acknowledge Jackson then he doesn't exist. And so, I'm betting you know all the shows on Nick at Night...ahh, I remember those days (can't say as I miss them... too much anyway)!

MattJulieGavin said...

Those pictures of him are so GOOD! He's adorable!!!

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

I can't get over those pictures either. They are so adorable! I still can't believe I haven't seen him yet. I think Nathan is funny :) He might come around one of these days

Heidi Wilcox said...

Unfortunately it sounds like this baby might be harder than Nathan, but maybe he'll be easier at a toddler! I was totally remembering how we used to have to sleep sitting up with Ellie on our chest or drive her on the freeway for 45 minutes to get her to sleep. I'm not looking forward to that part, and seriously hoping for a good baby that doesn't have reflex. Otherwise, this is definitely our last baby!!!

Kyle and Eva said...

I have been meaning to tell you that I think the pictures are so cute! I looked on the website and they are beautiful, your baby looks so cute I am totally jealous that you scored those pics!

The Prigmore Family said...

LOVE the photos. Just beautiful. Hang in there kara. You'll be outta the trenches soon.

Jessett said...

I think I am in love with this little guy. I could just snuggle him all day.....

It is going to get better.. I PROMISE!!!!!

Nate and Brooke Adams Family said...

I cannot believe that you have two little boys and I can't believe how big Nathan is getting! I wish we could come see you more often. I just wanted to tell you that I think your family picture is so cute and I hope everything is good. I love you!

Jessett said...

OMG!!! THat is such a great family picture at the top of your blog.