Friday, June 5, 2009

Jackson's Blessing Day


We blessed Jackson in our church on May 24th and it was a really nice day for our family.  We were happy to have most of the Mathews family here with us (25 of the grandkids of Rob and Carol and 6 of Chris' brothers and sister and their spouses).  We took over our ward that day and it was so fun to see everyone again.  We missed James, Brent and Maria and their families.

Most of the kids (except Jackson and Tyler)
My parents were able to come out from CO and it was so nice to have them here as well.  It was the first time for my Dad to meet Jackson and they took to each other pretty well- Jackson pooped on him as soon as he started holding him!
These are the first pictures we have taken of the four of us.  Nathan was pretty cooperative and actually allowed us to sit Jackson on his lap for a couple pictures.

Two of my very best friends from home also came and I am so lucky to have such good girlfriends as these two!  Hilary and Holly have been there for me and are such great examples and support to me.  Every girl needs good girlfriends and I am so glad they came (and that their husbands stayed home with their kids)!!

12 comments:

Emily said...

Okay all those pictures are SO GOOD! You look great in them and I'm so happy that Nathan decided that his little brother isn't so bad!

Such a cute family you guys are...I'm glad you were able to have so much family (and friends) there.

Jenn said...

I think your pictures look so cute. I don't know what you were talking about on Sunday with looking awkward. You guys look great. And how nice to have such great friends travel all the way to vegas. Lucky you!

Sweet Family said...

He is absolutely adorable! It looks like you had a great day! Glad to see that Nathan is taking to Jackson a bit more. You have a beautiful family!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a great day. You were lucky to have so many Mathews there. There are some purks to living in Vegas.

Jessett said...

These pictures are making me cry. I miss you so much.:(:(

Love all the pics. You look fabulous. Such a pretty momma.

I love how big your families are. Eternity is going to be awesome.. OK.. That totally sounded cheesy but its true. LOL!

Jackie said...

I'm glad your parents and I-town friends were there for you - it's always nice to not be overwhelmed with in-laws. You've always resembled your mom, but it's undeniable in the picture standing next to her! And yea, wish you were in Colorado, like me now. It's mountain cool, and wonderful, and just like summer should be!

Brownies said...

How special! You look beautiful!

Shanalyn Wilde said...

how cute! i'm glad it was such a fun day for you, jackson is adorable...can't wait to see him in person someday. glad nathan is warming up to jackson...i'm sure he'll see how much fun being a big brother can be! hope all is going well for you.

Tara said...

What a great turnout! Where did they all stay??

Anyway I agree you look so good in the pics Kara! And Jackson is such a darling little guy. He makes me excited for mine!

Kyle and Eva said...

How fun, what a cute little man! hope you are all good!

Alifinale said...

YAY! You finally got a full family picture! So cute and how fun to have so much family there. BTW, you and your mom look a lit alike.

Savanna said...

Looks like it was a nice and special day with lots of family. Just the way it should be. It makes you feel loved. Your family pictures are so cute. You guys are a super cute little family. I am so proud of Nathan for holding Jackson too. I love that Jackson pooped on your Dad first time. That's a good way for them to bond. :) You look so pretty Kara. Love you!