Thursday, June 11, 2009

Two Months

Well, Jackson is already two months old and to me, growing like a weed.  I thought he was getting so big, and then I took him to the DR this week for his check-up and shots.  He weighs 11 lbs 6 oz and is 22 inches long.   He's gained 4 pounds and grown 4 inches since birth.  That sounds pretty good right.  Well, compared to other kids his age, he's in the 40th% for his weight and 10th% for height- not something I'm used to hearing with Nathan.  I looked in his baby book and at 2 months he weighed more than 2 pounds more than Jackson does now, and was taller as well.  Maybe Jackson is going to be a little guy, or maybe he's just waiting to hit a growth spurt.  Either way, he's still my sweet, snuggle bug!
Isn't he so cute in his little church outfit?
And YES, that's a smile!  He's smiling at me when I talk to him and he tries to talk to me and tell me that he loves me too!
Here he is sitting in the Bumbo chair- SO CUTE!!  He's so strong and was pretty happy sitting up in this like a big boy!

22 comments:

Emily said...

He's SO CUTE!!! How adorable that he is smiling now, that's just so fun. Makes it all worth it, right? Right?

Love the bumbo chair, just beware of explosions.

Christi said...

I love that outfit!!! He was so cute in it. I can't beleive that he is already smiling.
I echo the beware of explosions :)

Sweet Family said...

He is a little guy, but he'll grow. I love his smiles! Maybe he'll be a tall skinny bloke like your hubby!

Jessett said...

AWWWWW!!!! SO cute. He is already 2 month?????? What??? He is one handsome little guy.

Miss ya.. Hope to see you when I pass through for the 4th of July.

MattJulieGavin said...

He is so adorable! Wow, 2 months already. Time goes by so quickly. So fun! Hope you are well.

Cindy Swanemyr said...

Cute pictures. He is really growing. I think Nathan was more stocky at that age. Jackson must be going to be more like Chris and Nathan is more like us big Swanemyrs. I can't wait to see them in person. Hang in there--I'll help as soon as I can.

Marchezt said...

I love that outfit too! ;) He looks so cute in it...I know he would :)

Sounds like he is doing great! Miss you guys over there and hope all is well and I hope to stay in touch.

James and Katrina said...

Wow! Can't believe I missed holding him during the newborn stage. Too bad! Can't wait to see you in August!

The Prigmore Family said...

Oh Kara what a little stud. I love the last pic of him in the bumbo.

Mama said...

Congrats on living through 2 months! he is so dang cute!

Perry Family said...

what a little cutie!! isn't it funny how different your kids are even from birth? I love his church outfit!

Savanna said...

He is super cute. I can't believe he's already 2 months old. I love his fluffy dark hair. Hope you're doing well. Thanks for the birthday wish!

Heidi Wilcox said...

Kara, thanks for your comments! Seriously, I feel like my own planet right now. Little Jackson is SO sweet! Give him a few months and I bet he'll catch up to his brother. If not than it's a good thing he has a big bro to protect him;)

Lauren said...

Hey Kara, your little guy is adaorable and I had fun getting to hold him on wed. Also I love the professional pictures of him, so so perfect!

elisha said...

Hi my friend. How are things going? Are you adjusting alright to the life of two kids? I like your pictures. It is fun to see the little boys growing to be so cute, just like you. So, take care and keep in touch!

Holly said...

My goodness Jackson has grown soooo much since I was there last month! I love the smile, helps make up for all that lost sleep... ;)

Anonymous said...

Kara,
So good to hear from you. How fun that you too have two boys. They're going to be the best of buddies. Congrats too!
My boys are almost 5 and almost 3 now. My husband is in school here in Indiana. We love it here, and most likely will try to end up somewhere close to it when school is over with.
Where do you guys live now? I can't tell from the blog, but you look incredible and you have a beautiful family. I am soooooo glad to be back in touch with you.

Lindsay Bowen said...

Alright, is WAY past time that we hang out! its this heat, i swear I just sit around all day tired! Hope everything is good with two kids! Take care!

Brownies said...

He's adorable!

Rob, Ereca, and Izaiah said...

Congrats! He is adorable. Cute family pics!

Lindsay Bowen said...

Can he really already be almost four months old? That means that it has been even longer since I ran in to you at Yogurtland! Lets just set and date and get together! I swear I am lame here in the summer, the thought of going outside makes me crazy. Crazy enough to paint stripes on the wall!

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

Holy comments on your blog :) ha Cute little Jackson, he is so much bigger now. Well go ahead a copy my post for the 24th ha ha. That was fun to see you guys.We will have to play Rook again to we can beat you! and also can we please play before 10pm so i can stay awake and bring my A game next time?