Saturday, August 1, 2009

One Year Older











We celebrated Nathan's 3rd birthday while we were camping in the beautiful mountains of Colorado.  Nathan was in hog heaven with the dirt, 4-wheelers and all of my family to spoil him rotten!  My grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousin came up to our camp that day to help us celebrate along with my parents and brothers and their wife/girlfriends, and his new baby cousin Mackenzie.  We had a yummy lunch and then brownies and ice cream.  Nathan got to open presents and he was spoiled with new sand toys and tractors and candy and a piggy bank full of money!  All he wanted to do was go for rides on the 4-wheelers and play in the dirt, which was really on old fire pit.  He was filthy dirty but happy in that dirt from sun-up till sun-down.  
I'll list some things about Nathan that I love:
*He can play all day and never seem to run out of energy or get grouchy
*He can name pretty much any piece of construction or farm equipment and wants to drive all of them
*He has an amazing vocabulary and memory and repeats everything he hears
*He loves to play with "kids" or friends and is a social butterfly
*He's a good eater and is growing up so fast
*He makes me laugh and tells me he loves me
*He's really a good kid, most of the time:)

15 comments:

Sarah said...

cute tractor pictures!

Emily said...

I love all the pictures! He is seriously so cute with his tractors and sand toys..I love how he could just play out in the dirt all day long. He's such a good kid and we just love him to pieces. Happy Birthday Nathan!!

And Jackson is growing so fast!! He's so smiley, and I love the thumb sucking. Too cute. Man your boys are ADORABLE!!

Shanalyn Wilde said...

YAY! Happy birthday Nathan...seems like just yesterday we were all prego together in the Vegas heat! :) Sounds like a fun 3 year old birthday!

Matt and Shannon said...

Finally, some new posts :) Just teasing - I know how easy it is to feel behind on posting all of a sudden. Nathan is a perfect cowboy - love the hat, love the chaps!

Alifinale said...

Happy (late) Birthday to Nathan. Those pictures are so cute. He is a little model. Sounds like birthday heaven for him. So funny. I love hearing him repeat stuff - he is a crack up.

Heidi Wilcox said...

I can't believe Nathan is so big! What a great family for him to grow up in, he looks like he is having a blast! My favorite is the cowboy pic and motorcycle. And seriously where has the 4 months gone with Jackson??? I was looking at his birth announcement today thinking I wanted to get some done, but I'm way too sore to go anywhere. You make the cutest boys!

Jess and Matt said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute kid! I love all of the pictures. I can't believe how fast they grow up. Kaden would have been in Heaven with him, with all the dirt and 4-1wheelers. Nathan seems like such a sweetie-pie and like such a fun little guy to have around. Happy 3rd to him! (wow, time flies...)

Marchezt said...

He is so cute and so smart! Still remeber that day I stopped by and said my name perfectly. Most adults can't! Hope he had a great day!

You have some handsome boys :)

Miss you guys and hope all is well!

Perry Family said...

He's such a sweet little cowboy! can't believe how big he is now! sheesh, the time just flies!

elisha said...

You have a handsome young man! I miss seeing your fine self. Hope all is well with you and your family. We should talk real time someday!

Rob, Ereca, and Izaiah said...

Hey girl! We should definitely try and make a Rebel game. You know my husband goes to every game! We are going to the BYU game. Are you guys? Your boys are adorable. I bet it's fun with two!!!

The Prigmore Family said...

THOSE CHAPS ARE AWESOME!!! What cute little cowboys you have.
Hey we are coming to vegas..at least I hope I am...fly in on thursday night and fly out on monday morning. Email me your phone # so we can meet up. jdprigmore@yahoo.com

Holly said...

Cute cute boys! I keep checking your blog to see more pics of Jackson... but then I'm not one to talk. ha ha! It took me all afternoon to do it today. I'll be looking forward to the next post Care Bear!

James and Katrina said...

Time for an update! =) Do you have pics from the centennial reunion. I wish James had taken a camera.

Brownies said...

He is adorable!
You can come visit me too!
love you.