Sunday, October 18, 2009

FINALLY, an update!

For those of you who don't see us very often, I'm sorry, I have not fallen off the face of the earth!  Life has just been a little hectic and I don't get much time to myself, and when I do, blogging is not on the list of priorities.  I just feel so behind and don't know where to begin to catch up, but here it goes.
Jackson is 6 months old now, yep, you heard right!   He's still a very happy baby, as long as he's fed and gets some sleep.  He has been rolling all over the place for almost two months already.
He loves to chew on just about anything, especially these sweet little biter biscuits.  He gets so mad when he chews it down to nothing and can't hold the little slimey thing in his fingers anymore.  He eats rice cereal 2-3 times a day now and likes just about every kind of food we've fed him so far.  
I took this picture when Nathan was actually playing with Jackson in the swing.  He was tickling his feet and Jackson was just so happy.  Jackson LOVES his big brother and just watches everything he does.  Nathan is finally starting to pay a little more attention to him which is very nice.  
Jackson started sitting up on his own around 5  1/2 months.  He loves to sit and play with toys on the floor.  With all the changes he's been going through in the last couple months, I decided it was time he start sleeping through the night too.  He's been crying it out for about a week now, and last night he slept about 10 hours and I only heard him once and not for very long!!  We're finally making progress I think.  He's still sleeping in the pack'n'play in our room, but I'm ready to move him in with Nathan as soon as he sleeps a little better on a consistent basis.
My Mom came to visit and brought my Grandma and it was wonderful!  She helped us can pears, tomatoes and applesauce and it was so much fun to have her and Granny all to myself!  We went shopping and took the boys to the Shark Reef (which Nathan LOVED).  We hope they make this trip again ASAP!!
Nathan started a little preschool program 6 weeks ago.  I, along with 5 other Moms, are taking turns teaching our 3 year-olds at our homes.  We have a great little curriculum and the kids are really enjoying it and each other.  There are 4 little boys and 2 girls and Nathan comes home every day with a couple projects that he has colored, pasted or painted and we proudly display all of them on our fridge!  I get to teach during the month of November, so that should be interesting.  I hope Nathan behaves as good for me and the other Moms say he does for them.
One of the main reasons I haven't sat down to blog in awhile is because I've been potty training Nathan for the past 5 months!!  Off and on, we have tried every trick and treat in the book.  Right around the same time he started school, we got serious again and starting rewarding him with dinosaurs when he went all day with no accidents.  Well, he started quite the collection of dinos and is now pretty much obsessed with anything Dinosaur.  Another incentive we used was saving up to go to the Natural History Museum to see the dinosaur exhibit there.  He did great and was treated to a day at the museum and he LOVED it.   Below is a picture of him building his own Natural History Museum with his blocks and dinosaurs.  He has a GREAT imagination!
Nathan has also been taking a little gymnastics class for the past 6 weeks.  It's so much fun to watch him learn to do stuff with his body.  He loves to run around and try anything they ask him to do.  He can do sommersaults, back bends, walk on the balance beam, hand stands against the wall, swing from the bars, roll, and his favorite thing is jumping on the trampoline.  We signed him up for another session, so we'll see how he can improve and keep up with all the little girls in his class!  
You gotta watch this video from his class.  It's a little long, but it's so funny to watch him try to figure out what he's supposed to do and which way he's supposed to roll.  Enjoy!  

20 comments:

Emily said...

Your kids look so happy! Yay for Jackson sleeping and eating good, and for Nathan loving pre-school and gymnastics.

And yay for mom's visiting.

Savanna said...

Holy cow Jackson is so big. I haven't seen a picture of him for a while. :) They grow up way too fast. I am glad the potty training is going a little better. I am glad that dinosaurs worked for you. You get to the point that you'll try anything huh? I am glad that you had so much fun with your Mom and Grandma and you got lots of good jobs done. Thanks for finally posting! :) love ya

Christi said...

I am glad you that posted again! I am glad that Nathan is loving gymnastics!

Jean McClanahan said...

I enjoyed my visit with you so much. I really enjoyed the boys. They change so fast that it's hard to keep up with them from here.Granny

Alifinale said...

I love the gymnastics and Nathan rolling all over the place. I can't believe Jackson is so big and eating and sitting up and rolling and sleeping good! Man, that makes me really feel like I haven't seen you in forever.

Love all of the update and your blog and don't give up. You rock!

Cindy Swanemyr said...

I still laugh so much when I watch that video. I love those boys to pieces!! Can't get enough of them. We LOVED coming to visit you and having something useful to do also. It was a barrel of fun. We should do it again and make Christmas candy. Wish you were a little closer!

Heidi Wilcox said...

LOL, I loved the video! Hasnt he rolled down hills before? I'm impressed with how much he has learned. I want to get Elle in gymnastics too. Something has got to keep them busy. And Nathan is so big! I can't believe he is eating solid foods and sitting on his own. It happens so fast!

Hilary said...

What a great update Kara! I love all the pictures and can't believe how big Jackson is since we where there!! They are adorable, keep up all the hard work, it's paying off. Love and miss you lots! Hil

Sarah said...

Way to go Nathan! Thank goodness for you he's getting it down.

Bringhursts said...

Finally! Also, your baby is HUGE! When I left, he was still a tiny tiny.

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

Thanks for the update! I love to see those little guys! Miss you all

Shanalyn Wilde said...

Cute pix of both your boys...glad you guys are are busy and doing good. At least Nathan will go to preschool and tumbling w/o crying and screaming!:)

Jessett said...

OMG!!!! I barely recognized Jackson. He is SO big now. Nathan is cuter than ever and looks like such a BIG KID. Ahhh.... I miss you guys!

Jackie said...

Nathan is a giant - it's funny when you put big boy and little boy together and see the difference (in head and bum size!) I love ya, Swaney, and that you're such a besty friend to keep in touch so that when I read your blog it's all OLD news to me! And I would like an invite from Cindy when you make Christmas candy!

Lauren said...

Jackson is just too sweet, and yay for sleeping through the night, that has to be a relief! Good luck with your preschool month, it should be fun and challenging at the same time! That gym class looks really awsome, just might have to check it out for the girls! Cute boys, you should let me watch them again sometime we had fun!

The Prigmore Family said...

Welcome back to the blogging world kara! we missed you!
Jackson is SUCH a cutie! And so big already. I can't believe it's been six months.
Nathan all grown up. Potty trained, gym, school. Wow. You've been busy. Thanks for the update on your sweet boys!

Dani said...

Kara! Thanks for sharing these pics. Your boys are just getting so darn cute, and very big. Where has the time gone? I need to make a visit soon so I can meet Jackson. I know you're hands are full... enjoy the Holidays!! (oh, and I hope you had a great bday -- I didn't get a card or email sent, but here's my belated greeting!!).

Miss ya!
Dani

Mama said...

17 comments....you make me feel so unloved! ha!
Baby jackson is so dang cute! i love babies! (no i am not having one!)
we are great, can't wait to see you either, we'll plan!
m

Marie said...

I'm so gald you updated!! We've been wondering how you guys are! You sound great! And your kids are, of course, PRECIOUS!! Jackson looks more like his Mathews cousins now that he's a bit older! We miss you guys! Squeeze those handsome boys for us!! :)

Matt and Shannon said...

I finally checked your blog - I had given up on an update ;) You need to post your new family pics too!