Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cars and phones


This is a picture of Nathan a the new Town Square park when we took him on Sat.  He loves cars and anything with a steering wheel.  This picture was taken right before he tripped while he was running and fell head first into the slide.  It made a loud thump and he was pretty sad.  He had a big indentation in his forehead and then a bruise pretty soon after.  It's kind of purple and blue today, but he bounced right back.  He was ready to get down and play again.  He's got a thick head, just like his mom.  A little history on that.  When I was in high school I played basketball and I had a few collisions with other players and they always came out on the losing end and I would be fine.  Once I collided with my own teammate going after the ball.  She had a huge cut above her eye and had to get a bunch of stitches and her eye was swollen shut.  I was fine!  Then, I collided with another girl and she had a concussion and had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance.  I was fine again!  I do have a very hard head I guess.  Hopefully Nathan inherited that from me.  

Nathan is OBSESSED with phones and just yesterday I called my mom and let him "talk" to her.  He usually just listens and then either hangs up or hands me the phone.  Well, he has finally started saying a few words so I tried to get him to say them to my mom.  He did it!  He says "cheese, cracker, shoes, go, and car".  My Mom just loved it and can't wait for him to really talk to her.  I took this picture while he was talking to her.  The other phone was Chris' and he HAD to have it too.  


11 comments:

Sweet Family said...

Willow loves phones too! She will play with it and when she pushed a button, she hands it back so I can reset it or make sure she isn't connecting to the internet!! He is getting so bit!

Sarah said...

i bet your mom can't wait for him to start calling her!!!! mikayla loves doing that. so does trenton. crazy about your head! lol. whenever my brother Timmy would fall we'd always joke that as long as it was on his head he'd be fine because he had the hardest head in the world.

Trudy said...

Nathan....they will have to get you your own Disney phone that only calls Mom, Dad and Grandma and Grandpa. Then you can talk as much as you want.

Kara- That pic of him chilling in the chair with the phones is adorable.

Emily said...

I love that picture with the phones...it's so cute! I felt so bad for him at the park, that bruise was serious.

And remind me never to play b-ball with you.

Alifinale said...

I love the phone pic. He is so good to be chattin' it up! I am glad he has a hard head because that fall sounded so ouchy!

Heidi Wilcox said...

Hey girl. We should get Nathan and Elle talking sometime. Ellie has been saying her ABC's to everyone on it.

Perry Family said...

Kara, his hair is so blond! He is adorable. I can't tell who he looks like though...a good mix! The telephone will never get old...as we know!

Holly said...

Oh I love the old high school memories... who were the girls you hit, I can't remember that far back! ha ha! We love Nathan's hair!

Bringhursts said...

What is it with phones? Ethan carries our phone around the house and puts it behind his neck (I think he thinks that's his ear) and says 'Allo'? I think he's trying to say hello but the jury's still out on that.

Annika said...

OH my!! He is so cute! He's so big! I love your blog it looks like you have fun with it. I look at it like every day, but i can't leave a comment or else i will get in trouble(at school)! Anyway thenks for responding on my blog. I miss you too! I want to come and visit you guess. Love you!

Jen Lee said...

We love the Town Center park! Cute picture. We missed Nathan yesterday!