Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Visit from Grandma and Papa Swanemyr


This past week we've had some friends and family in town for the Construction Expo.  Really that was just the excuse to get my Dad here and bring my Mom.  Some wonderful friends were also in town for the same thing and we got together with them for dinner last Tues.  Let's just say, we have eaten well this past week, and I have gained a few pounds!  I was busy with the Relief Society Birthday party on Wed and Thurs, but having my mom here helped so much.  Along with some good friends in the ward who helped decorate and make food, it turned out great and was a lot of fun.  I'm just really glad it's over and I was able to enjoy a couple days with my parents here. On Friday my mom got her hair cut and then it was off to the mall for shopping, lunch and then to Town Square for more shopping and learning how to use our new computers at the Apple store.  My mom got a new Apple too, so we both have lots to learn.   Chris spent most of the weekend watching the Rebels win the Mountain West Conf. tourn with his brother Brent, who came to town too.  They went to the semi's and the championship where UNLV beat BYU and got an automatic bid to the "BIG DANCE"!!  I love this time of year.  We get pretty into the NCAA basketball tournament and it's fun cause Chris' family has a bracket competition online to see who can get the most pics right.  It's just for bragging rights, but I love competition and talking trash!  Anyways, Chris also got to go golfing with his brother and had a fun time trying to keep his ball out of the water!  The weekend with my parents went by too fast and now we're still trying to recover.  Nathan got very little sleep over the past few days and he's trying to catch up now.  Sorry, this ended up being a long story.  Enjoy the few pictures I got while we had so much fun this weekend.  

9 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you had tons of fun! Your mom is way cute and I bet she LOVED spending time with you guys.

Perry Family said...

So glad you had a great time with your fam! And GO REBELS!!!!! Did you see the Bunkers' blog...rebel mania!! I bet your birthday dinner for enrichment was awesome!!

Shanalyn Wilde said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Cute pictures of Nathan and his Grandma!

Sarah said...

so fun Kara! i know you love itwhen your parents get to come! GO REBELS!!!! Preston was at the games too.

Sweet Family said...

You look so much like your mom, you both are so gorgeous!! Glad you had a good time.

Dani said...

What a busy week! I'm glad your parents could make it down. I thought of you and Chris when I was wishing I could have made it to the tournament ~ but my team lost first round, so I would have been depressed the first day. I'm cheering for UNLV in my bracket this year, I hope Nathan has a rebels outfit to help cheer!

Cole and Katie said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun! I wish we could have come down, but you know your brother. Maybe I will be able to go with him and Josh for the fair in a couple weeks, it sounds like they want to stay in Vegas this time... Love ya

EstesSBTAK said...

You all look good. I am glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Savanna said...

I am glad you go to spend time with your parents. Your Mom is so cute. I LOVE the pictures of Nathan he is so adorable and getting too big. Love you.